Wednesday, November 21, 2007

What Have They Done To The Cookie Monster?

Have you heard? I haven't, simply because my child is way beyond the Sesame Street years. And, truth be told, he was never that interested anyway. So, even though this has been apparently going on for two years, I had no idea until today. Cookie Monster is ruined. COOKIE MONSTERS EATS CARROTS! AND ENJOYS IT!!!! What kind of insanity is that? Please, tell me. Cookie Monster eats and loves cookies. He would have cookies for every single meal if he could find them. He would eat through a brick wall to get to a plate of cookies on the other side. Or that's how he used to be. Now he eats fruits and veggies - even dreams about them - and counts calories. For. Real.

I can't tell you how offended I am.

If we ever have more children, I will boycott that show much like I boycotted Barney when Soren was a toddler.

And get this - they've released "Old School" Sesame Street Volumes 1 & 2. Here's the thing - unlike other TV shows they have put out on DVD, they did not release the entire seasons as they aired. They sort of picked out what they'd put on there. And apparently these DVDs are not for today's child. Adults only.

Sometimes I miss the more carefree parenting age. I love my kid, but I try not to smother him. It seems like more and more parents are encouraged to smother their children, to overprotect them from the world, to keep them from making mistakes that will teach them valuable life lessons.

But seriously - why must they mess with Cookie Monster? WHY?!?!?!

Gah - if they've touched Grover, heads will roll.

3 comments:

Tiffini said...

why is the old school sesame street just for adults? If kids can't watch sesame street--what can they watch? (of course, we are not sesame street watchers--I can't stand the show)

Nancy Sabina said...

I admit that I had feelings similar to yours about this new healthier Cookie Monster at first. But it kinda grows on you. He still would bust through a wall for cookies - but every once in a while somebody convinces him to try some fruits and veggies through some cute song about how healthy they are. My favorite is the song "cookies are a sometimes food."
Repeat after me: "change is not always a bad thing."
Now breathe deeply.

Nancy Sabina said...

Oh - and I miss you too.

I just posted some exciting new news on my blog. Check it out!