Sunday, August 23, 2009

12 Years Ago

Yesterday Alan and I celebrated our twelfth anniversary! Twelve years ago we were young, stupid, and in love. Now we're just older, a little wiser (but still pretty stupid), and definitely still in love. I am proud of us. We've been through our fair share of ups and downs, but we've made it. It's been hard - really hard - at times. It's also been absolutely blissful at times! Those times make all the hard times worth it. Let me see if I have a picture from our wedding day floating around my machine.....



That's one of my favorites actually!

I love my sweetheart. He makes me laugh, smile, roll my eyes right out of my head . . . he's taught me so many things including computer stuff, cooking stuff, serving others, how to relax, that I'm a good person who deserves to be loved... and so much more. I'm lucky to have such a great guy as my husband. Sometimes I talk to my friends about spouses and it helps me realize what an awesome husband I have - a guy who would go to the ends of the earth to make sure I was happy. He is such a talented guy - he's not just a computer nerd, but he's also got a great voice, can build anything, fix a car, cook a gourmet meal, grow a garden, clean a bathroom ..... but best of all he loves his family and we love him! What a great husband, dad, and man. Goodness, I'm lucky. Did I mention that?

So yesterday we celebrated by going to the temple, then we went to Black Angus for dinner. After that we hung out with my brother and his wife for the rest of the evening. It was a great day! I'm so grateful for parents who are willing to watch our kiddos! We had a great time and I've got pictures of our dinner, but I've got boys who want to play Mario Kart, so I'm off!

:)

7 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Anniversary!

Nancy Sabina said...

Congrats, you guys! I'm so glad I approved Alan for you, Nae. I'm glad to know it wasn't a mistake. :)

Jen said...

I'm glad you had a great day. I love that picture too. You two are cuties. Miss you guys (yep, both of you)

Tiffini said...

Wow...12 years! Glad you could celebrate sans kids!

erica said...

I remember that day, and that picture. congratulations to you both!

Author said...

Okay so I LOVE that picture!! I don't know if I told you happy anniversary on FB or not, but just in case, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! (a little late, but still just as happy a wish as any!)

I miss you guys.
Alison

Judith said...

Happy Anniversary!