Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Life is . . .

What to say! Today was the first day back at school for my big guy. He was nervous, excited, and dreading it all at the same time! He did not want pictures taken this morning, but I'm mean and took them anyway:



At his desk before leaving for school - he's thrilled, see?



In the car trying to avoid the camera - HA! Gotcha!



Giving up and giving me a cheeseball grin on his way out the door. Admittedly, he was almost late for school, which I'm sure really helped him feel happy.



Caroline in the back wondering why I pulled her out of her crib far too early.

So he's been at school nearly a full day now. Caroline has been wondering around calling for her brother, but to no avail. He isn't here to tell her how cute she looks with the goofy headband she's put on her head or remind her of how adorable she is with her fairy wings and dress up skirt on. He isn't here to chase her around the house or take her out to jump on the trampoline. Nor is he here to hide around corners and jump out and say "Boo!" to her as she runs by. Boy, she has missed him! But she's had mommy time - we've snuggled, read books, giggled, and generally had a fairly quiet morning. I did catch some video of her making a mess while eating her yogurt:



This is a fairly recent advancement for Caroline. She is now fairly self reliant with feeding herself. Sure, I rescue her every so often when she's having trouble or just choosing not to eat, but overall I've been turning it over to her and dealing with the mess later. Plus, she's so stinkin' cute while she eats. Look!



See, adorable! And messy!

In other news, it looks like we'll be having more testosterone in the house in a few short months:



According to this early ultrasound, it's a boy! However, I have another one in a week for more measurements and they'll be able to be a bit more certain about things at that point. We are getting excited for our new arrival either way!

The biggest bummer of the day is that Alan's contract position is ending in a couple weeks. We're pretty sad about that, but feel confident and have faith that everything will work out. If you could keep him and our family in your thoughts/prayers/etc, that'd be awesome. Every time I try to get myself worked up about the loss of employment, the Spirit seems to calm me right down. So, it is what it is and life goes on.

That's the latest to report from here!

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm excited to see all of you in a few weeks!! Kara-Lynn is jealous that I get to see her BFF :)

April said...

WOW! Your wee ones are growing up and congrats again on the upcoming new little guy! SOOOOO Exciting! I hope things go well with Alan's work situation and we will keep you guys in our prayers. Hope all continues to go well with your new little bun in the oven!

Nancy Sabina said...

Hooray! You've got a little boy, girl, boy sandwich goin' on! Congrats! I'm so excited and happy for you guys!

Alicia said...

Hooray! Congrats to you! I can't wait to meet the new little man. :)