Friday, October 15, 2010

Haircuts!

After fighting with the mullet look for far too long on my sweet Caroline, I finally broke down while at a play date on Tuesday and asked my friend to cut her hair. (Thank you, Addi!) It was the first haircut for the princess and while I do miss her gorgeous curls that were nearly past her shoulders, she looks more like a little girl now and less like a hillbilly. I've also noticed that her hair still has plenty of curl post tubby-time, so I'm hoping to see those ringlets again soon. Here are some pics of the occasion:





She did really well - not a scream or a tear. I just told her we were going to play with her hair. Between that, her mouse, and the adorable zebra print apron thing, she was good to go!

The result:





Clean and tidy and cute! Maybe, if I get a chance, I will take a pic of the rest of her outfit. It's another Halloween number - the pants are adorable!

In Soren news, he tried out to play piano for the 7th grade jazz band (aka "Stage Band") and is now being challenged with some tough music! It's good for him, though. He's going to grow a lot this year - musically I mean. He'll probably grow a lot physically this year, too. We are around the corner from him passing me up in height. I've been very impressed with his adjustment to school this year - much better than last year! He's a great kid and we are lucky to have him around - even when he continually forgets what "take the garbage out" means. Haha!

Alan was offered a full time position at Nautilus, Inc. this week. That's right, folks - he's working for the makers of Bowflex and the Treadclimber! The biggest bonus in all of this is that it is a 6 mile round trip to and from work - no bridges to cross, no traffic to deal with, and - best of all - he's home early at night! He also is able to come home for lunch a few times a week which is awesome. They are working him hard, but he is glad to be there - learning and growing. We are loving the added time we have with him at home. Yay, Alan!

As for me, things are plugging along. I keep trying to get that final room of the house sorted. Maybe this weekend. Haha! We are nearing the end of the second trimester of this pregnancy and moving into what was the worst trimester for me last time around. I keep hoping and praying that things will go a bit more smoothly this time, but I'm planning for the worst. We'll see how it all goes! I'm trying to scale back my activities and take it easy as much as possible! That's not easy with a tweenager and a toddler, but we're doing our best around these parts.

Speaking of toddlers, someone wants attention! Be on the lookout for upcoming Halloween posts. I'm currently in the planning phases of our feast!

5 comments:

Missy said...

I love her cute cut. She looks like a sweet pixie. :) Can't wait for those Halloween photos. Oh, bonus, I think I almost have that pumpkin pie fudge recipe down. Recipe to come soon!

Nancy Sabina said...

Caroline looks adorable, of course. I'm so, so glad to hear that Alan got a great new job closer to home. I know how hard a long commute can be on everybody in the family. And I had no idea Soren was getting that accomplished on the piano. How exciting!
Third trimester: Phhllllyp (thats me sticking my tongue out at it). It sucks. But then it ends and you get a baby out of the deal. Just focus on that!

SassyMama said...

Love the haircut, she looks darling.

Congrats on hubby's new job, must be so great having him work so close!

NancyKae said...

nancyKShe is soooooo cute. Give her a squish for us. Good job Soren. Does that mean you will or won't be playing the trumpet in Jazz Band? We are praying daily and more for a successful 3rd trimester for you Nae. Luv ya, Mom & Dad.

Steph said...

Shanae,

I found your blog on Sarah's and was excited to see you are having another baby. We are too and I am due January 26! Just two days after you! Pretty funny!