Friday, January 9, 2009

One Long Post or a Bunch of Short Ones?

I'm trying to debate how to handle all the things I need to update about....

Let's just start with Christmas and we'll go from there.

Our Christmas was very simple this year, what with the purchase of the new van and all. Also, I did not send out cards and I failed at getting presents for anyone but my immediate family. (This statement reminded me that I had 2 presents to order and so I just did that). I hope to have cards of some kind out by February.

Here are a few pictures of our Christmas fun:

Soren got his annual pair of pajamas:



If you can't read the shirt - it has a Wii-mote on it and says "I work out everyday." It made us all giggle. Also, his pj shorts have the Wii logo all over them. He loved his PJs this year more than years past, I think. Especially the shirt. Caroline did not get any pj's this year because she has too many clothes already.

Here are my cuties together:



I'm telling you, whenever I catch a photo op with this two it just melts my heart. Soren is the best big brother ever and I love seeing him with his sister. They are just too cute together!

On Christmas morning Soren was excited to get lots of things including:



A telescope from Aunt Tiffy, Uncle Tim, and his cousins Ethan, Zack, Wyatt, and Mallory. We can't wait until the weather clears up enough that we can take it out and discover lots of fun things in the night sky!

He also received:



His favorite season of Dr. Who. (Season 4) He has yet to sit down and watch it, but he's been a pretty busy kid!

Check out the fun he and his daddy had on Christmas morning:



We had a very Wii Christmas - we got the Wii Fit (Thanks Mom & Dad!) and a bunch of games for the Wii including:

Wii Ski (Thanks Mom and Dad!)
Raving Rabbids TV Party (thanks, me! Ha!)
Active Life Outdoor Challenge (Thank you, Beth! We LOVE this one!)
DecaSports (Woot! Family gift)

I think there was one more, but I don't know. Anyway, they are all super fun. We spent most of Christmas day playing. We were supposed to go to a movie, but the parking lot was a mess because of all of the snow we had. Yes - we had a WHITE CHRISTMAS! That was one of the few for my lifetime and only the 7th for the Portland Metro Area in the past 50 years. So awesome! It's okay, though - our movie tradition did not die. We just went the next day and saw The Tale of Despereaux, which was very cute.

I thought I had pictures of Christmas Eve dinner.... Let me look again....

Nope, guess not - though I swear I took some! Odd.

Well, I shall leave you with this picture to end my post about Christmas. This is an adorable outfit that my friend Candice (back in Virginia) gave to Caroline! We were able to (sort of) fit her into it. You can't see the huge safety pin we had to put in the pants to keep them up! Hee hee!



So - a belated Merry Christmas to you all!

3 comments:

Ie Li said...

What fun! I LOVE the picture of Soren and Caroline. What a pair.

Jen said...

I get all teary eyed when I see pictures of Soren being so gentle with his sister. It is the sweetest thing!

Nancy Sabina said...

Looks like a great time! Don't tell Richard, but the Wii is growing on me.

I was just thinking about last year when we spent Christmas Eve together. Ahhhh. Good times. Good times.