Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Who needs sleep?

Sleep is for the weak, right?

I guess I'm week... I really miss my sleep! Caroline has decided that she really is done with sleeping through the night, which is upsetting for all of us. It's a good thing that I love her so much that I'm willing to sacrifice hours upon hours of sleep for her!

The good news, though, is that Monday she sat up on her own for the first time! She's not very stable at all, but I managed to get a picture or two of her new 'skill.'




So yay for Caroline! Now if we could just work on the sleep thing.....

In other news, I've been experimenting in the kitchen! Maybe when I think about it, I will start taking pictures of some of these experiments. I made some bread last week that was delicious and totally nutritious at the same time! I've been grinding my own wheat and yesterday I made chicken rolls with whole wheat crescent rolls that I made all by my lonesome! I was pretty amazed at myself, even if they didn't taste 100% like I wanted them to - it was a start, though.

Also, yesterday I had a free lunch at KFC and about died when I saw the ingredients on the back of the Honey Spread they offer their victims:

High Fructose Corn Syrup (don't believe the commercials, it's all lies)
Corn Syrup
Sugar
Honey
Caramel Color
Natural Flavors
(11% Honey)

I'd rather just have regular honey, please.

Well, I had more to ramble about, but it's time to take Soren to scouts and get dinner rolling. More later.

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Hooray for Caroline! I love the phase where they can sit up, but aren't really mobile yet. It's especially great for Sunday School. Enjoy, cuz it don't last long!

Tiffini said...

She needs her own room!!! Then you can be a mean mommy and suffer through listening to her cry it out. It took Mallory 2 nights. 2 of the longest nights of my life!

Tiffini said...

She needs her own room!!! Then you can be a mean mommy and suffer through listening to her cry it out. It took Mallory 2 nights. 2 of the longest nights of my life!

Happy Wanderers said...

How fun! I love the sitting up baby stage. Hate the "I'm not going to sleep through the night anymore so you can forget it!" stage. And I LOVE the ingredients on the 'honey' spread. He he he... By the way, what DO the commercials say about high fructose corn syrup? I'm curious, as we don't get 'normal' tv out here.