Friday, May 8, 2009

You know you're a mom when....

You come home feeling proud of yourself for saving a ton of money at the grocery store! I went shopping today to pick up a few things for our Mother's Day dinner on Sunday and about died! I saved over $60!!! Go me!! And I was even at Safeway - and I don't shop there that often because the prices are usually crazy, but when they have sales... wowsa!!!

So check this out - 20lbs of RIBS (yum!) for.... $13. You read that right! They were on sale AND the check out lady scanned $13 worth of coupons for me! Plus I got some V8 Fusion (YUM!) for $1.49 (with coupon). But my favorite deal? 3lbs of strawberries for the price of 1lb! Score! They were buy one, get one free and then I had a free lb of strawberries coupon!

In other news, I am going to make my yummy bread again either tonight or tomorrow. I think I shall take a picture this time and show off my creation! I am also contemplating purchasing raw milk instead of regular ol' supermarket milk. The FDA is trying to scare me out of it though.... cuz there have been 800 whole reported cases of E.coli in the past 9 years that have been traced back to raw milk. But seriously? I'm tired of the over-processed American diet. Let's get back to basics, peeps!

Also - I love Netflix. I love that I can watch stuff on my computer. It's super dooper nifty neato!

Have I blabbed enough?

Oh, and another thing? I have the best job in the world. I sure love my kids - even when they drive me crazy. Being a mom rocks. Being a mom that gets to stay home with her kids rocks even more!

Ok, time to figure out what to feed the masses. I was supposed to crock pot today but I FORGOT because I was in the middle of playing Mario Kart. I am seriously addicted. I only have 2 more characters and one more vehicle to open. I just want to beat the game so I can stop obsessing! If Caroline slept longer, I'd be done already....

*giggles*

Have a great weekend! And, in case I don't post again - Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful women of the world!!!!

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

It's good to read such a happy post. It sounds like maybe you're beginning to emerge from Mommy-only-land and go back to Normalville. Congrats! Your brain is now capable of thought that doesn't revolve around your newborn! (Not that the thoughts about your newborn are bad. She needs a lot of thought. It's just that I can relate all to well to that feeling and to the glory of not feeling it quite so intensely anymore.)

Tiffini said...

So, today I spent $40 and saved $40 plus got $5 off of a gas fillup! Got strawberries for $1/lb.! I also signed up for 4 papers this month. I got $25 in gift cards and $10 cash for doing so. Now the fun begins--if it isn't fun, then I am cancelling next month.

Merianne said...

Don't drink raw milk...if you want some reasons call me and I'll give you my opinion.
You ARE a mom...you just figuring that out? :)
I need to start cutting coupons, I honestly have no idea where to even start. Wish you were here and could give me some lessons. The budget will be tight once we're on one income - I'm so afraid of that!

Author said...

Mmmmmmm...... I'm totally in the mood for ribs now!!

miss you,
Alison