Friday, March 12, 2010

A Few Things

I have some things to throw out there and there is no good way to segue between it all, so bullet points it is!
  • Caroline had her arm tugged by mommy yesterday for trying to hoard all the snacks instead of sharing with our friend. As a result, she suffered something called Nursemaid's Elbow. Basically I yoinked her elbow out of socket. We went to the doctor (luckily they were able to get us in 15 minutes after I called) and it was popped back in. She's fine now and I think I'm over the "you're a horrible mother" feeling. It helped that the 3 medical people I saw all informed that it was normal and happened all the time. No one tried to cart me off to prison, so hooray for that!
  • Caroline has learned to unzip her pajamas. Safety pin time is here! I'm having flashbacks to Soren stripping himself and pulling his diaper off. This would be why Caroline still wears a onesie underneath everything. So far so good there.
  • I just finished my second week of the Couch to 5K program I'm doing. I know I went further today, too, so that was an awesome feeling. I'm almost to 2 miles now and over halfway to a 5k. I start week 3 on Monday!
  • Jogging in the rain isn't so bad. Really. I've done it twice this week. Today I had a shower before I took my shower because I got that wet! Haha!
  • I'm so grateful that Soren cuts through the church parking lot on his way to school. Three kids were hit (in a crosswalk!) yesterday at the intersection that short cut allows him to avoid. Ugh, I hate that intersection.
  • I have an amazing husband who loves me, supports me, and is just generally awesome. My prayers are always with him, but especially today. I will share more if/when I can on this.
I think that covers all of my bullets for today. :)

Don't forget - Wednesday is St. Patty's day! Dust off your green and celebrate!!!! I've got to figure out what the feast will be this year. Woot!

5 comments:

Leah said...

oh I have seen this couch to 5k... I am thinking of trying it. I hate to run too so anything that will help me there is great.

sorry about Carolines elbow... same thing happened to my nephew only my sister in law didn't take him in cause he had just gotten stitches... she didn't want any questions. good thing my brothers a dr... ha ha. :)

Sarah Anne said...

Footie pajamas can be put on the child backwards. Just twist the leg a little bit. Trust me. I used to have to use packing tape on Emma's diaper to keep it on at night. Good luck!

Bonnie said...

I'm glad Soren is safe walking through the parking lot. That's very scary! I hope you're having a good week, and a great St. Patty's feast!!! (We won't be there this Sunday, but we should be at music on Weds)

erica said...

my little sister had that problem with her elbow and it went 'out' all the time. my parents just learned to put it back. maybe she'll be able to show off a 'trick elbow' for her whole life.

Nancy Sabina said...

Ugh -I hate those things that really aren't that bad but somehow make you feel like you've just earned the "Worst Mother Of The Year" award. Isaiah is currently limping around with a sprained or twisted ankle. Not my fault at all but I still feel like total crap.

Keep up the awesome work with the couch to 5K. Marathon runners are my hero's! You and Erica rock!