Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Such An Irish Lover!



HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!!!

Ahhhh, one of my favorite days of the year! Unfortunately, today was a little different than usual. The past 3-5 days have been a little busier than I expected, so I didn't get to do any grocery shopping until today. Result? A fairly simplistic St. Patty's Day feast. It was still NOM, though! Just not traditional. That's ok, though!

Here's the menu:

Reuben Sandwiches
Tater Tots (Hey, at least it was potatoes! haha!)
Juice (with special "sprite cubes" that didn't quite work out)
Coleslaw
Lime Cheesecake

And here's the pics:



Here's the table partially ready to go. It wasn't quite ready when I was taking pics, but I knew I had to do it so I didn't forget!



Corned Beef and Swiss Cheese. I took a shortcut today and just went to the deli at QFC. Of course that was after I tried the deli at WinCo and Safeway. I missed Wegman's today like crazy. Mainly because I went to FIVE different grocery stores looking for everything on my list.



Here's the (homemade) Coleslaw and Rye Bread, along with sandwich toppings.



Here's our special juice. Pineapple Starfruit Limeade with fizzy soda and Lime Sherbet. OH what I went through for that sherbet!

And here's our little Irish Pixie all dolled up and celebrating!



She fell in love with my Irish Bears, both gifts from awesome friends who know of my deep love for St. Patty's day. :D

My lime cheesecake (another experiment) is still in the fridge. I'm nervous about it. I really don't experiment that often in the kitchen, but the past month or so I've been going a little crazy. Overall, dinner turned out nicely. It was definitely "St. Patrick's Day Lite" at our house, but that's ok! Next year I think we'll host a huge party and invite lots of friends. Mark your calendars!

3 comments:

Ie Li said...

I love how much you love St. Patrick's day. I also think it's really awesome that you're doing couch to 5k. I used it after Stephen was born. I'm a big fan of that program.

Nancy Sabina said...

Looks like a fun dinner! You know I don't usually do much for St. P's day, but I did dye the milk green and add green sprinkles in the kids cereal that morning. And my children and I were very appropriately dressed. That's about as far as I go.

Bonnie said...

That looks like such a fun feast!! If that was St. Patty's lite, I'd love to see what you do all-out. I can definitely take some hints from you!