Friday, February 8, 2008

Birthday Boy!

Yay for Birthdays and Ikea!

Alan's birthday is tomorrow. There was debate about the actual gift and, even after I found that KitchenAid mixer for almost $150 below retail (coupons + rebates rock), he still wanted the hall decorated.

So yesterday my friend Jen and I headed off to the Ikea to buy the thingies. I present to you - my husband's birthday gifts!!!!


















Hooray!

I don't have any before pictures . . . but really, there was NOTHING there. Nothing. It was naked and cold and lonely. Now it is full of love. And shoes. And coats. And even scarves! Maybe, just maybe, this new arrangement will prevent Mt. Pile-O-Shoes from forming in my entry way as well as the City of Flung Coats from populating my front room. This is my hope and Alan's as well. I shall let you all play "guess the owner of the coat." I'm sure it will be REALLY difficult.

So that was the big project yesterday - Ikea and building all of the stuff. I managed to get all of that done before I ran off to work in the afternoon. Now Alan and I shall go on a HOT BIRTHDAY DATE tonight. Yeah, we are planning a crazy romantic time that involves another trip to Target. That's how we roll, peeps. Alan is just grateful that one day a year I will accompany him to a seafood place. I think we are going to Coastal Flats - which I just discovered is a very local thing. So, those of you not local to me.... um... I got nothing but a link for you. I've never been so I have no opinion. If it smells of fish, I will be very put out. (Bonus Question - What movie did I just steal a portion of that quote from??) We might also go catch a movie, but not many good ones are playing right now. We might just wander the mall and come home. Who knows? I don't, that's for sure.

Today is a busy day (SHOCKING, I know!!!). I just got back from Water Aerobics (yes, I'm still in my suit and smell of chlorine... mmmmm) and need to shower, get dressed, and attempt to hit the store. I've got to pick up Birthday Cake Fixings! I'm making a Black Forest Cake for Alan and our friend who shares a birthday with him (Tom). If it ends up looking anything like the picture, I shall be shocked. I'm not a cook, I'm not a fan of the kitchen, and I just generally don't try anything that I haven't already made before. We'll see what the end result of this experiment is. I hope it isn't an emergency trip to the grocery store. HAHA!

After the shopping and what not I have a bit of work to do and then it is off to my friend April's for a nice visit and movie swap. April's husband is the aforementioned birthday sharer. We shall be wrapping presents for him (SHHHH DON'T TELL!). I'm looking forward to another visit with April and hope to be able to make visits with her a regular occurrence, especially while she is trapped in her bed! Ugh, I can not even imagine. I would lose my mind as I hate sitting still for too long. I can barely make it through church - and I'm up and moving for 2/3 of it!

When I get back from April's house (which will probably coincide with the arrival of Soren if it's anything like last time) I shall make sure Soren is all settled with his homework and piano practicing and await Alan's arrival. Then it's off on our HOT DATE. And that will take up the remainder of my day.

So, yes. Busy, busy, busy!

That's okay, though. That's how I like it, yo.

Usually.

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

*sigh* sorry your day was less busy than you originally thought it would be.
But happy birthday to Alan (and that other guy, too, but I don't know him, so...whatever).

Loves ya.

Tiffini said...

I love the IKEA stuff. Someday I hope to have an area big enough for something like that. We have a coat closet but you wouldn't know it sometimes for the pile in front of the closet door. I also enjoyed your early morning post. :)

Anonymous said...

Your hallway looks great! I love the cubbies. So handy! Thank you for coming over! I hope you guys had a great birthday bash and thank you for visiting me! Tell Alan and Soren I promise to send you home earlier so they'll still let you come and play! :-)

Anonymous said...

FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have the EXACT! same set up for our coats and shoes. Love Ikea. I could be their spokes model!