Friday, February 22, 2008

If you are going to walk on thin ice, you may as well dance....

Another winter storm has come through the area. Ice is everywhere, school is canceled, and I'm not too keen on the idea of leaving my house any time soon. It's cold and I'm sort of getting tired of it being so cold! But, I have to remind myself, it could be worse. We could be in the middle of a hot, humid, sticky summer. I'll put up with the cold a bit longer and hope that we have a very lengthy spring this year. I love the spring!

Life seems to continue to be busy, but I am not feeling the stress of it anymore. It just is what it is. I am making time for friends and for my family because I realize that that helps me handle the stress. If I just lock myself in the office and try and finish every single project I have, I just end up more stressed and I get less accomplished. So I am scattering my day with different things and trying only to work on web design in the morning hours, when possible.

This week hasn't been too exciting, so I haven't felt the overwhelming urge to update. Alan has a bit of a cold, Soren is recovering from a bit of a cold and, once again, I have managed to get through it all unscathed. Apparently my immune system DOES work, so that's a plus.

Monday was President's day, so both my boys were home. We spent the day relaxing. I don't think we even left the house. I did some work in the morning, but the rest of the day was spent chilling out. We have started watching movies as a family in the evening. This week we tackled Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in 2-3 nights. I am not sure what is next on our agenda, but it's been nice to turn off all the lights and cuddle up together as a family.

I am in the final weeks of preparation for the performances of both my musical theatre and straight theatre classes. Musical theatre has their performance (2 of them) on March 8th. They are actually quite prepared for this and I feel confident that my kiddos will do fantastic. My straight theatre class performs on March 10th. I am not feeling nearly as confident, but they have a lot less time to prepare, so that would explain the reasoning there. I am looking forward to the week of March 17th. Spring break! Woot!

What else... what else... Soren has his last basketball game of the season on Saturday. After that, it's the tournament. We have no idea how that is working or what that will mean for him in the end, but he has had a great experience, has learned a lot, and has enjoyed having his dad as the coach. It's been a learning experience for them both, but a good one.

Ok, now I just feel like I'm trying to fill space. I'm going to have lunch now!

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

OK - I know it's not what you mean...but every time you say something about your "straight theatre class" all I can think is "as opposed to your gay theatre class?" Sorry. That's just me.

Have a good day!

Tiffini said...

Glad things are good. Sorry it is still cold. I am cold too--can't wait for spring. Back "home" the flowers are budding. *sigh*

Happy Wanderers said...

I'm sorry your cold...I'd almost welcome that right about now!! It's hot and humid here ALL the time, and since there hasn't been any rain for like a month or 2, the air is full of sand/dust from -- get this -- the SAHARA!! HA!!! And there are riotings in the streets and we might be evacuated, so who knows? Maybe I'll see you sooner than I thought!!!