Sunday, February 10, 2008

I'm Popular!

Good evening.

I figured that while I was still awake and thinking about it I would blog about our wonderful weekend. Alan had a fabulous birthday (so far as he's letting on) that lasted 3 days.

Friday night we celebrated by heading out to Tyson's Corner for dinner and a bit of mall wandering. We went to this amazing place called Brio Tuscan Grille. Oh. my. yum. I think they may have actually put crack in their lasagna. No kidding. Plus it could have fed a small country. They bring out this PLATTER and put it in front of me and I'm like - uh, lasagna for family of 4? Dang. Alan had a nice veal marsala or something. He enjoyed it and ate the entire thing. I managed 1/3 of my lasagna.

After eating we tried to walk it off by wondering the mall. There were some shady characters in various locations that made us a little nervous and then the stores started closing so we headed off for a romantic trip to Walmart! When we finally got home there was so much sleeping.

On Saturday the boys got up and headed off for basketball business while I went grocery shopping, since that just never happened on Friday. My visit with April lasted longer than anticipated because she and I can't stop talking when we are in a room together. Hee hee! So, the grocery shopping happened. Then we headed off to lunch as a family at Logan's Roadhouse where I had a disappointing serving of ribs (I'm still crying about that), but the boys had shrimp and other fishy nonsense and enjoyed that. We then did a quick Target trip before heading home to put Soren to bed and watch Transformers. Fun movie! But not for young audiences..... I told Soren he has to wait to see that one. And to avoid any temptation, it is already zipped up in the Netflix envelope and in the mailbox.

Today was SO BUSY! But really fun. I feel all kinds of warm and fuzzy inside because I have friends. Friends are so important to me. And having friends who want to spend time with me just makes me happy. And by me I also mean us - our family. So here's a brief run down of the day.

1 - Church. Church is very busy for me. I spend one hour sitting listening to talks and what not (and usually cutting things out for singing time haha) and then it's 2 hours of running around entertaining kids. This is usually exhausting, especially in the shoes I wore today, but for some reason my feet weren't killing me at the end and I still had my voice and energy! Which was REALLY good.

2 - After church I started putting Alan's cake together. We got the layers stacked (Alan had to help make the cake all even cuz I fail at cutting things) and then I frosted it. After that I put it in the fridge and then we were off.....

3 - To our friend's (Alison and Mike's) house for an early dinner! We had a DELICIOUS roast with potatoes and rolls and other yummy things. SO good! Plus Alison and Mike are cool people so the visit was fun! We also played Fluxx, which we are still loving! I think they liked it, too. the kids also played really well (and crazy, cuz they all are nuts). I was bummed we couldn't stay that long, but I'm sure we'll get together again soon.

4 - So after that we ran home and threw a bunch of stuff in baggies, grabbed the cake, and headed over to Tom and April's house for dessert, Wii playing, and just general visiting. It was the first time Tom and Alan really had a chance to visit, so that was good for them. And of course Soren just schooled everyone on the Wii. It was good times.

5 - And now I present pictures of the cake! And of the birthday boys. I am very proud of the cake. I've never done anything like this before.






Yes, Tom's face is blurred out. For copyright reasons. (I hope you show him this, April! HEE HEE!)

Anyway, we are now home. Alan has talked to his parents and now it is getting late. Tomorrow is, of course, another day full of many things. I've got water aerobics, web design work to pump out, On Stage Class to teach, a voice lesson to teach, and then family stuffs in the dark time. And then the rest of my week is pretty full as well.

However, it is nice in a lot of ways. Being busy, I mean. In other ways, however, it stresses me out. Hopefully this week will be the enjoyable busy.

So far, so good!

2 comments:

Tiffini said...

I am glad you had a good day celebrating Alan's birthday! The cake looks great...you can do more of that kind of stuff than you give yourself credit for!!

Anonymous said...

Man, I was hoping you'd leave the photo untouched so I could sue you for millions of dollars. That would have been a *really* great birthday present. :o) But the cake made up for it. Thanks for visiting and playing with us!

And I'll have to rematch Soren in bowling. I'm sure I can catch him! Just need a few (dozen) more hours of practice...