Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Relief & Even a Smile

Well, today was the big day. The day that would either end with me hitting Alan a lot more than usual or me prancing around doing an "I told you so" dance. The day that we would find how many beans were hanging out inside of me.

Here it is, ladies and gentlemen.....



Yeah, in case you can't tell - that's just one little bean. You can't see it, but I promise there was a little flicker in the middle that was a teeny little heart pounding away.

I shall be dancing a lot tonight. A special dance I have choreographed for this precise moment. Well, really, any "in your face, suckah!!!" moment. Hee hee! Alan has seen it a few times. He's seen it already. I'll do it again a few more times just for effect.

Honestly, I'm relieved. I was concerned enough about how much baby stuff we would have to purchase (read: everything), let alone having to buy the stuff for more than one. I don't have that kind of money. I don't have... any kind of money, really. Haha! So seeing that one little bean was a great relief. I smiled. I grinned. Oddly enough, I did not cry. I always thought I would. Oh well.

My biggest fear (aside from triplets) was seeing a sac but no baby. Or a baby but no heartbeat. Or nothing at all. Honestly. I was so nervous this morning I could barely eat (which just made the nausea worse ... oops!). Now I am ok, though. Really ok.

You know, aside from the fact that my 'fat jeans' are now a little snug. I suppose I need to go get that bella band thingie I keep hearing about sooner rather than later. It's crazy how many things have come out in the past 10 years that didn't exist back when Soren was born.

Ok, enough about me. Wait a minute, this is my blog. I suppose I could keep babbling about me all I want! Except that I can't. I've got to get to work. Ewwww. Yeah, I know. Even more stressful is the fact that I'm putting in my notice today. It's almost 3 months early, but I'm pretty sure they've already worked out that I'm pregnant.

Did you see that? I said it.

:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!

Missy said...

Wow, congratulations you guys! I am so thrilled for both of you! How happy you must feel! IT is a miracle and you should shout it from the roof tops, "I am pregnant!", Shanae. I think you have earned the license to say it as many times as you want. :)

Leah said...

Yeah!! we are so excited for you! I hope you are really sick... at least my mom always says that being sick in the beginning is a good sign that things are working ;) but then I hope get better and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! so excited to see you guys in a few months!

April said...

Again, I am happy, happy, HAPPY for you guys. Gloat all you want. You can even hit me for saying you'd have twins :-) I hope all went well with giving your notice at work!

Happy Wanderers said...

AAAHHHHHH!!!!! YEA!!!! I am so so so SOOOOOOO happy for you!!! Congrats!! :)

Nancy Sabina said...

Congrats and congrats and congrats and congrats! I am so happy for you guys. I'm sure you are all just walking on cloud 9. Hooray!

erica said...

mommy of 2...every time I read your blog these days I just get a huge happy smile. thanks for letting all of us in on it and good job finally saying the "p" word.