Friday, April 11, 2008

Tag - I'm it?

I was tagged with a book tag by Nancy!

Here are the rules:
1. Grab the nearest book (at least 123 pages)
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post said sentence on your blog.
5. Tag five people.

Well, this is awkward because pg. 123 is a title page for a section of the book. Oh well. Here is the best I can do:

an aryan shopkeeper - a snorer - two tricksters -

The book is called The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It's been a tough one for me to try and finish because I have become extremely superstitious. I started reading it when we began our most recent infertility treatment and I'm afraid to finish it before .... well at least before the ultrasound. Paranoid much? Nah.

I appreciate all the well wishes! I have been so exhausted and nauseous this past week that I haven't been up to sitting at the computer and typing much of a response to anything. Not that I'm complaining! I'll take it if this is what it's going to take. But I just haven't felt well enough to really sit here and thank everyone.

However, I will take the time to do that now.

THANK YOU ALL!

For those who are curious, Soren is back and forth between being really excited and being a little concerned about how many diapers he may have to change. He says goodnight to the 'babies' (his words, not mine) every night. However, he wants me to have a cute round tummy yesterday (as if I'll ever have one of those cute round tummies) and he is having issues with us talking about it as frequently as we do. It's 'old news' now. I hope he manages the transition to being a big brother after 10+ years as our one and only. I think he will, but we are a little concerned.

Names? Well, I need to find my family history sheets. We found Alan's, but I don't know where mine are. Soren's name is all family - his first name after Alan's great-grandfather & great-great grandfather and his middle name after my grandfather and father. If possible, we'd like to continue the trend. But we need both halves of the puzzle in order to do that. So naming hasn't been a huge concern at this point. Not that we haven't thought about it. But we aren't obsessing. Yet. No, there will be no Harry Potter or Star Wars references in the names. Unless someone in my family history is named Luke, Leia, Hermione.... etc. Then I might see what I can do. Bwahahahaha. After all, I did manage to get Soren here on Harry's birthday.....

(Side note: I had no idea who Harry Potter was when Soren was born. The UK knew as it had been published the prior year, but I didn't and neither, really, did the US as a whole as it wasn't published here until a few months after Soren's birth. However, it is fun to say to people who know about my Harry Potter fandom that I had my kid on Harry's birthday on purpose just to see their reactions. Awesome!)

We are anxiously awaiting the ultrasound on Tuesday. I am still very anxious and worried that it's all a big ruse. Or that something is wrong - that it's not viable. Or that there will be too many and they'll start talking about selective reduction. Or that .... well, you get the point. I guess because it's been so long all I can think of is everything that could go wrong. I am trying to not be too paranoid, but it's hard. I think I'll feel a little better in a few weeks - mentally anyway. I hope.

For now, I am going to try and enjoy the beautiful weather outside. I think Spring may have finally sprung. Yesterday I walked to work because it was so nice out I did not want to bother with the car. We only have a few weeks where that is possible before the insane humidity kicks in and the last thing you want to do is be outside unless you are in a pool of water. For me, anyway. So I'm trying to take advantage of it.

Alrighty, I think it's time for me to bid adieu and get some breakfast (I already had my snack of saltines as I got out of bed haha) and get Soren out the door. We'll see if I can muster up the ability to go to my water aerobics class today.

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Well now that book is next on my to-read list since you are the second person I tagged to be reading it. Gotta keep up with the trends!
You are totally gonna rock the cute round belly! I think the pregnancies where you had to work for it always are cuter. Maybe just because you worked so hard for it. I know everyone will be so happy for you that they will feel a little bit of pride along with you. We all feel like we've been with you during this "battle" that you've just won. So we'll all think your baby(s) is the cutest thing we've ever seen. In utero or not.
Call me Tuesday!

The Dominguez Family said...

Ok, so I'm thrilled about the news!!! your mom told me as she was walking to the library at the end of sacrament. She said 'meet me in the library', so I headed over and was so excited!! And I told her that you had to move back so we could see the baby and all that fun stuff!! So when are you moving back:) I finally got on the ball and got up a blog. And I made one for my side of the family for all the newly weds and babies that have joined us this year. It will be nice to see all the pictures and stay in touch better. I really have missed you guys!! I'm going to keep watching your blog to hear the good news!!!
Take care!!
love
JoLynn

sheila said...

I am always horribly sick when I am pregnant (even now at 34 weeks!) I recommend a unisom and B6 at night and Zofran throughout the day to curb the nausea. And no prenatals. They also make me sick, but a couple of childrens chewable vitamins work a little better and are perfectly fine with doctors.---Sheila, Tiffini's friend