Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Officially Official

Upon moving to Virginia, I tried really hard to be all legal and get myself a VA license fairly quickly after we moved. This, for me, was quite odd because even though I had lived in Washington, Ohio, Idaho, Utah, and then Washington again, I had never had anything other than a Washington license. I had pretty much refused to get an Ohio one because I heard I would have to take the drive test again. No thanks! And in Idaho and Utah I considered myself a student (because I was!), so when I went back to Washington to visit my parents, I just renewed my license there . . .

Anyway, I digress.

Well, I did not know how difficult it would be to get the appropriate documents that VA demanded in order to get my license. It took me almost 2 years of living there before I finally bothered, and that was only because my WA license was about to expire! But now, after less than 2 months being back in WA, I am officially a Washington Resident once more. I've got my license and I'm registered to vote and everything! Go me! Plus I got my old license number back, which makes me super happy because I've had it memorized for years. Now all that is left so far as paperwork and what not goes is registering the car. It's strange to have such a short list of "things to do."

As far as everything else goes, things are pretty much the same. Soren is busy and getting settled in his new routine. The only thing he doesn't like is the early bed time and early awake time. He's like his dad that way! Alan is still truckin' away with his commute and working hard for us. And I'm here at home, taking care of my web design stuff as well as all of the odds and ends that are a result of moving across the country. It's odd having time. It's even more odd being able to spend an entire day at home without needing to leave the house for one reason or another. I've still not adjusted, can you tell? Haha!

Hopefully one of my future posts will include some pictures of the beautiful place we are living. Maybe I'll even have my mom take a pic of me doing something that is now everyday for me - COOKING! I have to say, I miss Alan's cooking a lot.... but we are somehow surviving on what I dig up for dinner each night.

Ok, the clock is ticking and Soren will be home soon. This means I need to steal myself an afternoon nap before the afternoon is gone!

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Way to go! Very impressive indeed. *hugs* Tell Alan I approve of his working so hard. I know my approval has always been what he's after, so...

Missy said...

Hey if you get a license in AZ you have ten years not worrying about it, hehehe.