Thursday, October 2, 2008

October is Finally Here!

I love October. I love the cool, crisp fall air that begins creeping in. I love the leaves that begin to change to brilliant shades of red, orange, and green. I love watching them fall from the trees so I can rake up big piles of leave and watch my son play in them. I love the promise of Halloween at the end of the month, one of my favorite holidays ever!

Yesterday, October 1st, I encouraged my mother to pull out any Halloween decorations she might have floating around (not nearly enough, if you ask me!) and put them out. I also went out and bought some apple cider and donuts. Then I went to the video store (which I haven't done for ages!) and picked up a fun Halloween cartoon: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.



After we'd had dinner and were all settled, I surprised everyone and we sat down for some tasty treats (though a few people chose Hot Chocolate instead of cider) and watched the cartoon. It was so fun to hang out and celebrate October with my family! Admittedly, I did steal this idea (thank you NieNie and Cjane), but it's such a wonderful idea and I finally have time to sit down and do silly things like this with my family. I think everyone had fun, even if it was a bit silly, but what can I say? I just love October!

I also was grateful that Oct. 1st ended up being a Wednesday because that is one of the least busy days at our house.

Today was relaxing for the most part - until the evening when we had to juggle basketball practice and curriculum night at the school. But we made it through, Soren is tucked into bed, and I'm already starting to fade.

I shall be posting pics of me and my baby belly soon! I know a few people who are anxious to see them!

7 comments:

Jill said...

We had an October celebration, too! Happy fall.

Nancy Sabina said...

What a fun thing! That stupid donut looks way too good - thanks a LOT! Not all of us a preggers and have a good excuse to eat that kind of thing.

K'Lyn said...

Fun! I will have to have a October celebration mid-month.

Happy Wanderers said...

I want to do one, too!!! Can you send me some donuts and cider? They don't believe in that sort of thing here... *sigh* I can just foresee all the weight I'm going to gain when I get back to the states next month, as I plan on eating out as much as possible and eating at least one bavarian creme donut per day! Ha!!!

Judith said...

Sounds lovely.

Author said...

I LOVE Charlie Brown movies! I think that every family should own a collection of Charlie Brown. Poor Linus- maybe next year he really will see the Great Pumpkin.

I also LOVE donuts. It's been a while since I've had a good donut. This blog has just motivated me to go get a donut and devour it!

Can't wait to see the pic's.
love,
Alison

April said...

we love the charlie brown holiday specials and watch them every year on Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines Day, and Easter. Great tradition :-)