Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Barely Squeaking A Post In

With 52 minutes left in the day, I'm posting. It's going to be short and quick because I'm exhausted.

Caroline must be going through a growth spurt because she's been a mess today and had a lot more food than usual. So she's been screaming and trying to eat my face and I'm like - WHY are you trying to EAT me? You JUST ate! Goodness! So it's been a long day and not very productive, but also not NOT productive, either. Have I confused you yet? Good. Stay with me.

I found out today that a little girl who's life I have been following for nearly a year passed away due to complications after a heart transplant. She was almost a year old and was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. I found this out quite early on in the day and I have to say that it led to some emotional outbreaks off and on all day. No, I do not know the family personally, but I've been following her story for so long that I feel like I know them. It just broke my heart to hear that sweet Gracie was gone from this life... Ugh! I just want to hug that whole family.

Anyway.... I spent the day getting a few things done around the house. I'm a step closer to cleaning up all the paperwork in my bedroom. I hope to have it done before I leave for DC.

Oh and since I stink at commenting in response to my comments:

Trina ~ Same calling as you! I hope I enjoy it as much as you seem to be!
A-Dog ~ Girl, you better know that I'm going to be seeing you! I plan on being at church on the 15th so be there, yo! Also, are you going to Mer's baby shower? Cuz I'll be there, too.
Tiff ~ We're excited to see you, too! Sorry that I'll be a little late showing up but at least we'll get a day or two together.
Jen ~ Dude. So freakin' excited to see you. SO excited.
Nancy ~ My stroller is too flippin' big and bulky. I might regret it later, but for now I will take my cozy Moby and call it good. If I had a more compact or easy to travel with stroller I might think about it.

Did I miss anyone? I'm sorry in advance if I did. But seriously - I'm going to go to bed in like... 2 minutes.

Ok, I'm going to take my 'feeling out of it and wondering if I'm getting sick' self and lay my head down on my pillow and find Mr. Sandman.

Night!

1 comment:

April said...

hehe, yeah, i'll be there. Tom will be outta town, so we'll see how I do with just me and the boys. I've come to church by myself with them only once before. They are in regular car seats now (not the infant carriers) but I will probably put them back in them so I can bring my stroller in and have them take their nap. We shall see...and I'm still planning on cooking for you on that day! Unless you want to come another day. I'm fine and free, seeing as how the the Big T will not be here! So excited to see you!