Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

For those of you who are unaware, I happen to adore St. Patrick's Day. For some strange reason, it's seriously one of my favorite holidays! I'm not Irish, I don't drink beer, but I just love to celebrate the day where we wear green and all pretend we are Irish. You see, I've secretly always wanted to be a red headed, green eyed, Irish gal. It's true.... I even got green contacts in high school and dyed my hair red. Yeah, for real. I know - I'm crazy. But you all knew that already, right?

Some of you may recall what I did last year, though I forgot to take pictures of our yummy Irish Stew. This year I am (finally) in DC, so I didn't get to go crazy with my celebrations. Jen, however, knows about my psychosis and we had green lime-ade, green grapes, green broccoli, green salad, and potatoes (with all those yummy toppings). We also dressed up our munchkins in green and pulled out the camera. Check out the fun:





Aren't they adorable? We're planning their wedding already. Ok, I'm kidding - but ya know, we have to joke about it! The first time we put them next to each other, Timmy tried to grab Caroline's hand and she leaned in for a kiss. Looks like I'll have to keep a close eye on her as she gets older!!

Well, it's time for girl's night, so I should go. I leave you with a few pictures of my princess, who has really been an incredible angel on this trip.









Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

5 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

She is SO FREAKIN' CUTE! I can't wait to meet her. You might not get to hold her the whole time you're at my house (unless Isaiah has anything to say about it).

Sorry I didn't make it out there this evening. As soon as the kids were in bed I laid down on the couch and didn't move until I went to bed. (OK, fine, I stopped at the computer on the way to bed, clearly.)

Happy Wanderers said...

Good gravy, she's cute! I wish I were in DC too, so I could join you for girls' night.... sigh... I could sure use one of those right about now!

Author said...

She looks fabulous in green. I miss her already, oh, and you too. :) (you love me and you know it!)

Alison

Martie said...

Can you even imagine having such a cute little girl a year after that St. Patties day? She's just so adorable. Give her a squeeze for me :D

Author said...

Ummmmmmm..... it's April now so I think you need to do a fun spring entry with more pictures of my favorite little friend!!!!

Alison