Thursday, March 12, 2009

Losing My Mind

Someone asked me today how old Caroline was. I said - Almost 4 months old.

Someone asked me about 20 minutes later how old she was and I happened to be looking at my watch at the time. My watch has the date on it. Apparently she IS 4 months old. So I corrected myself.

Then I wondered how I could have missed her little 4 month milestone.

I sometimes feel like such a crummy mom because I've watched so many of my friends coo and love all over their babies and celebrate each moment with joy, pictures, bragging, and all of that kind of stuff. Me? I miss half of it, record even less, and don't do nearly as much hoorah-ing or picture-taking. What's wrong with me? It's not that I don't care. It's that I'm a scatter-brained idiot quite frequently. This is why I have to write everything down. Like, seriously, everything.

Anyway - so this is me saying - HEY, CAROLINE, I recognize how old you are. May you look back at this entry and realize that your mom is just as spacey as you probably think she is.... but she still loves you.

Also - it really needs to warm up. Soccer practice is COLD.

2 comments:

Missy said...

I've decided that the brain comes out with the baby. :) I am totally there with you! Don't worry though, she knows that you love her. :)

Happy Wanderers said...

I think 'celebrating' the months is overrated. Just because we don't have a huge party every month of a baby's first year doesn't mean we don't love them. They won't remember it anyway. And it probably won't give them a complex or brain damage...