Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Such a Kidder!

Yeah... I'm a kidder. I was totally joking about posting every day. Really. I bet you fell for it, too, didn't you? Bwahahaha!

Caroline rolled over from her tummy to her back yesterday. There was much clapping. I'm sure it's only a matter of time (duh!) until she can roll the other direction. This will mean no more hanging out on the couch/bed/other surfaces for her. Oh well! I just don't want to discover that the hard way... ya know - her falling off the couch because she's figured out how to roll and I haven't figured out that she's figured it out. Did that make any sense? It's late and I'm tired.

Soren started soccer last week. He practices at a school about 15-20min away. That's kinda annoying, but I'm just glad to have him back in soccer! We are excited to start going to games and showing Caroline the ropes - even if she won't remember them. Gotta get her into the family sport!

I think I've gotta start setting less ambitious goals for myself. Blogging every day is a little much for me yet. I am really close to being to that point, but I'm just not there yet. My new responsibilities at church mean another change, plus my trip to DC, plus I've got to re-evaluate my health when I get back. So for now.... I will update as I'm able. What I'd REALLY like to do is start including more pictures! Goodness! I haven't had the camera out in ages, just my cell phone. I do have quite a few cute pictures on there.

Caroline also had her first taste of cereal on Monday. She wasn't a fan. We'll try again after DC.

You know what's good, though? I'm finally getting out of the house. Today I had a meeting (for church), then headed to the park (it was FREEZING, by the way - the wind was killer) for a friend's son's birthday thingie that ended up getting cut short because of the cold. But, ya know, it was worth it - even though we weren't all there for very long. I got to visit with people. Then I took a break (so Caroline would sleep), but after that I was running errands. After that I cooked dinner (Chicken Fajitas - it was Mexican night... have I talked about my theme nights for dinners? I love it!), then dealt with screaming like a wild banshee girl.

Did I mention that Caroline screams a lot? She does. But at least she smiles and giggles and squeals enough now to balance out the screaming. Mostly, anyway.

I'm looking forward to my trip to DC. I'm also looking forward to coming back home and really getting into the swing of post-birthing a baby life. I finally feel like I'm ready to move forward. Hooray!

Ok, it's time for me to find my pillow. Plus, I think the Cobert Report is on. That show cracks me up.

Night!

1 comment:

April said...

I love your new blog background. And I bet you do too! :-)

Yeah, less ambitious goals all around, I say. My goal is to brush my teeth everyday. I don't even try to shower unless all the stars align (aka naps are taken) and I can jump in really fast. Don't be too hard on yourself. Tom says I have a "you just had babies everything else in the world can wait until they're 2 years old-get out of jail free, life is a wreck, someday it will get better, weren't kids supposed to be easy" pass :-)

How about you comes on over to my house for a nice meal? :-) I'll even make you green mashed potatoes!