Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Caring is real faint - like a heartbeat.

And pure love - why, some days it's so quiet, you don't even know it's there.

~Erma Bombeck


Today was pretty cool. Ok, way cool. I got to hear little bean's heartbeat! Alan didn't come with me, but my friend Jen and I scheduled our appointments for the same time, so she got to come in and hear the boom, boom, boom! At first we weren't sure if we'd find it (it can be hard to find at 12 weeks apparently), but then... there it was. All nice and strong (150bpm). No, I didn't cry. I'm just not THAT emotional. However, I had butterflies in my tummy and a warm fuzzy feeling inside. It's a nice reassurance that, as of today, things are still looking good.

Am I still paranoid?

Duh. Of course!

But I am definitely relieved after today. And my doctor gave me lots of big hugs. He and Jenny (the receptionist) are both so excited for us and never fail to tell me that when they see me. Yay!

In other news, I was recommended some amazing ant killer stuff. The ants are almost gone from the kitchen. I will tackle Soren's bathroom next. I've got to figure out where they are coming from in there. However, he has started naming them. He was upset this morning when he couldn't find "Fred." He said, "Poor Fred." And I said, "When Fred decides to move into my house, it's his funeral." Hee hee!

Oh - On Stage went great! We had a really good turnout to support the kids, they did a good job, and I was able to visit with quite a few parents afterwards. It was really great, all around. And it was for sure my last session. It was tough to tell the kids that, but I figured it was best to be straight with them. Now I just have to figure out when to tell my other classes that I won't be back.

I am officially exhausted now, so I'm going to go have myself an afternoon nap!

5 comments:

Tiffini said...

Beautiful, wonderful, happy heartbeat. I am smiling for you.

Nancy Sabina said...

Yeah heartbeat! How fun to have a friend there with you. Last time I left a message on our home answering machine so that Richard could hear it later. And yeah for sweet Dr. T and Jenny. Gotta love em.

Jill said...

Big round of applause for the little bean's heartbeat!

And hooray for finding some great killer ant stuff. I hate those pesky ants.

April said...

!!!!! I forgot to ask you about your appt!! That's so neat that you got to hear a little heartbeat!! So nice! Thanks for coming to visit!

Anonymous said...

Get away from chemicals! And way congrats with big huge hugs. love you