Thursday, May 1, 2008

'Sup?

Admittedly, I have not been diligent about updating the past week or so. Mainly because there are really only 2 things going on:

1 - I feel like crap most of the day and then,
2 - I go to work

It's fun!

I'm surprisingly okay with feeling lousy. I even managed to push past it a bit this week and put my desk back together and clean my room. Now I just need to tackle the kitchen and the laundry. They've both been suffering terribly. One thing at a time.

Soren has been doing well. He brought home two A's on Tuesday - one in vocab/spelling and the other in social studies (which he insists he hates - but explain to me please all of the books he's checked out of the library about history??? Anyone? Yeah. That's what I said). He's also doing really well with his piano and had a very soggy field trip with his scout group on Monday.

I am loving the rain. It makes me a little homesick. I could handle a few more weeks of rain mixed with warm days in the 70's. But alas, I know it will all come to an end and we will be faced with the humidity of summer. Le sigh!

Alan is working hard. Overworked, underpaid. What can we do? Not much at this point. I believe he is also gearing up for softball season, though he'll miss a few games while we are away on our trip in July. Bummer!

3 weeks until the final performance of my On Stage class. The play is coming together really well. I've got a really great group of kids this session. I'm looking forward to the finished product on this one.

Like I said, not a whole lot going on. But I figured I'd update, since I hadn't.

Oh - the first prenatal appointment was fine. The doctor gave me a big hug and the receptionist almost cried. They were so happy for us. It's nice to have people who care so much watching over me. We weren't able to hear the heartbeat yet. The doctor figured it was probably too soon. However, I'd already seen it on the ultrasound, so I was okay with that. Next visit.

Well, it's time for me to throw on something a little more classy and head off to work. I'm subbing (again) for the other teacher tonight followed by a meeting up at church. I won't be home until 9ish. At which point I'm sure I will collapse in a heap and fall right to bed.

Peace out!

(haha, I love saying that)

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

It's good to hear an update. Life is life and that's ok. Especially when there's a life in your belly (ha! I'm so clever!)
Love ya!

April said...

I was hoping you were doing well! Sorry I haven't called this week. We each have big things to look forward to at the end of this month! I'm glad your class is doing well! Talk to you soon!

Tiffini said...

Yeah--you are still alive. I figured you must have spent the last week or two barfing. Glad you have been able to push through it!! *hugs*

Jill said...

'Sup yourself?

I totally tagged you on my blog. Why? Because I think it's nice to have someone decide your next post.

Not that I'm Type A or anything...