Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all the lovely ladies who visit my blog had a fabulous Mother's Day. Whether you are celebrating your own mother or your children are celebrating you, it is a wonderful day to be a woman! I especially like it because my boys always pamper me and treat me like a princess! (And I am a princess. My daddy said so! Hee hee!)

This past week I have managed to start feeling a little better. I had 3 whole days where I managed to get up and get some things accomplished in the morning. I'm taking each day as it comes, planning for the worst, and hoping for the best.

We have had some beautiful weather the past week or two! However, on Friday things took a turn and we had a different kind of beautiful for the weekend. It has been raining off and on (more on than off) since Friday. Soren's soccer game was canceled on Saturday and, from the looks of things, practice will be canceled today as well. Sure, I'm sad that we can't go out and play and that I haven't been able to walk to work... but truthfully? I love the rain. So I haven't been too upset about it!

This week starts the crazy beginnings of work for me. My co-worker is getting married on Sunday and then heading off on her honeymoon. I will be covering her classes and students until the end of the month. This means my hours of working will jump pretty dramatically. She has classes that run twice as long as mine and she has 4 of them each week. She also has a lot more voice students than I do! So it's going to be nuts for a few weeks. But my paycheck will be glorious, so I shall do my best not complain too much.

That is about all I have the brain power to report right now! I leave you with this poem a friend of mine shared with me. It, of course, made me cry.

Another Sunday,
The calendar portrays,
Another year,
Mother's Day.

A reminder
Another year has passed,
Empty arms,
Will it last?

And you,
Longing for a child's kiss.
While I,
In pre-mortal realms exist.

I sense
Your heartache uncontained.
But I also
Feel separation's pain.

And this
I cannot understand.
Is separation
His eternal plan?

And Father
When questioned why,
Spoke,
'In my plan, time's not quantified.'

He reassured
Of a moment sublime
When you and I
Unite in time.

The promise ours,
Rejoice in your heart.
One less Mother's Day
We're apart.

3 comments:

Tiffini said...

That was a good poem. I can't wait to see you holding that little one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy Sabina said...

And Happy Mother's Day to you! I'm so glad to hear that you're working more - that's just what you needed. NOT! (I just had a flash back to 8th grade when you just *had* to say "not".) I hope you keep feeling better and better.

Happy Wanderers said...

Nice poem! I cried, too!

I didn't know that you love the rain! Me too! and the rain storms here are FANTASTIC!!! You should come see... :)