Tuesday, May 27, 2008

One may go a long way after one is tired....

Tired doesn't even begin to cover how I'm feeling right now. Exhausted is more like it!

Our weekend was very pleasant! So that's good. On Friday I drove down with some friends to pick up some maternity clothes someone was selling on Craigslist. Then we went to the Potomac Mills Outlet Mall. Yes, you heard me. I went to a mall. And it was my idea. We didn't stay long, though. I think we only went in two stores. Haha! After that we had lunch at The Silver Diner to celebrate one of my friend's birthdays and then headed to the theater to see the latest Indiana Jones flick. Alan was able to get off work early and met us there. So fun! We all enjoyed the movie for what it was - a goofy, campy, silly movie... just like the originals. The ending for me was a little more 'out there' than the originals, but it was still good.

Friday evening is a blur. I believe I was on the couch falling asleep a lot.

On Saturday we headed back to the movie theater to see Prince Caspian. Once again, we all really enjoyed this one. Much better than the previous Narnia film. The acting had improved, but the story itself was adapted very well, the pacing was wonderful, and the humor made me giggle. Soren had a blast. I spent the rest of Saturday doing laundry and laying on the couch.

On Sunday we did the usual church thing. One thing that cracked me up is that someone came up to Alan and said, "I heard you're moving." I think this is very funny because we have only mentioned it to a few people and then I said it was a possibility here in my blog and now all of a sudden it is fact. I feel like I should start packing or something. Truthfully, though, we do not know for sure if we are going to be moving. It is a topic of discussion and the wheels are turning in that direction, but who knows how fast they will turn? We could be here for at least another year, or we could be gone by the end of the summer. But no decision has been made yet. So quit trying to get rid of us! Hee hee!

After church we took naps (like ya do!) and then went to a friend's house for dinner. We had a great time and could have stayed all night if I hadn't tried to fall asleep at the table at least half a dozen times. Oh energy! How I miss you!

There was much debate about what we would do on Monday. In the end, though, we opted to stay close to home. We went to our little neighborhood pool and let Soren freeze his tooshie off in the pool while Alan and I stayed poolside. We did get our feet wet, but that water is frigid until it has been warm outside for a good week or two. Then we ordered pizza and Soren headed off to soccer practice. It was a nice, relaxing day. However, we ended up staying up way too late! I don't know how I managed it, but maybe it was the sleeping in (I didn't get up until after 8am!), or the nap... or something. Who knows?

After the late night, I had a rude awakening when I realized I had a project for work (web design) I needed to do today and we'd lost power before I'd saved one of the things I'd been doing. My eyes popped open at 6am and nothing I could do was getting me back to sleep. So I felt like a zombie most of the day and never had a chance to take a real nap prior to heading to work (teaching) at 4pm. It was an exhausting evening of teaching as the kids are starting to feel the end of the school year approaching (less than 3 weeks left) and the show is almost here (next Saturday). They sucked any remaining energy I might have had. I will be grateful to have a break from teaching other people's kids and grateful to just be able to focus on mine in a few short weeks (6 to be exact)!

So, to sum up, I am pretty darn tired! Tomorrow is a slower day for me, though, so I should be able to get some things done for work (web design), get some laundry done, cook dinner, tidy up the house a bit, and definitely get a nap before the voice lessons I'm teaching.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

When I'm prego I consider doing one productive thing a day great. So you're doing spectacular!

Tiffini said...

Better get used to surviving without sleep seester!!

Anonymous said...

Sleep? Ha? Let's see. I think that came in ample doses about 10 years ago, pre-Sam pregnancy, pre-Eli and definitely pre-Zachy ;-) Ah, memories that are still oddly present in everyday life... giggles!

Your doing great! And no need to tell you that it is all worthwhile. We've traveled the same path, and are allowed to grip as we grin from ear to ear.