Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Another Suitcase in Another Hall . . .

The house is packed.
The pod was picked up on Monday.
The house is clean.
The boys are currently in Nauvoo.
The house is empty.
The girls (hee hee) are staying with an awesome family that we all love.

So that's really the latest.

For the first night in I'm not sure how long I actually slept and slept hard. I didn't get out of bed until 9:30am! That is unheard of for me! I am usually up by 7:30 at the latest - regardless of what time I go to sleep. This was also the first morning in quite a while that I didn't have to get up at some ridiculous hour to send boys off, go to the airport, or stress because of how much packing/cleaning had to be done. I am so grateful to my brother in law who came all the way out here to help us. I am grateful to friends from the ward who helped us clean last week. I'm so grateful for good friends who helped us pack and clean. Basically, I'm just grateful for everything and everyone that has helped us get everything in order so we could move as quickly as we needed to. I'm aslo grateful for good friends who take care of my boys. It's always amazing to me how Heavenly Father watches over us when we are doing what He wants. How else would I have packed and cleaned my entire house in such a short amount of time? I really have no idea.

I leave Virginia on the 19th. I really can't believe that is less than a week away. I also am having trouble dealing with all the emotions that are coming along with this move. It's such a mixed bag of excitement and sadness that my brain is confused! Ugh! I'm sure pregnancy hormones aren't helping, either. Two weeks ago at church I couldn't stop crying all through the first portion of things. I'm hoping I can pull it together for my last Sunday, but I doubt it!

We are lucky to have been able to have fit everything in our pod. And by fit I mean just barely cram everything into every possible crevice in the entire thing. There is not a drop of extra room. And our car? It was so loaded down it was crazy. But it all fit. That's what is important. Except that I know my boys are less than comfortable driving across the country. I wish I could fix it for them. I tried my best (with the help of my friend Jen as well as Alan) to get everything in without squishing them, but I know they are not so comfy.

I am now staying with friends, helping with a new baby, and trying to tie up the loose ends of our life here on the east coast. What is left to do?

*Carpet Cleaning - they are coming today
*Final Inspection of the house - that's tomorrow
*Final Dr's appt - that's on Friday and I have to try not to cry - I am going to miss my doctor so much. I get so attached to doctors I actually like!
*Baby Shower/Goodbye Party - On Saturday from 2-4 pm - if you are local, email me for more info if you want to come! I would LOVE to see you!!!!
*Return last cable box - need to do this today if possible

So really, there isn't much. And I'm glad about that because the past 3 weeks have been a whirlwind.

Now I just need to go shower, throw some clothes on, and head over to the house to do some weeding while they clean the carpets. I also need to check to see how much of our trash they actually took yesterday. There was a LOT!! Haha!

I'll update when there is more to report. That's it for now!

2 comments:

Tiffini said...

We are excited to see the boys. I found some wintery clothes for little bean but I don't want to send too much. I will let the boys decide how much they want to cram under their toes.

Happy Wanderers said...

I wish I could come to the baby shower!!! :( I'll be there in Spirit! :) Good luck with the last part of the move. I just love moving. Blah.