Saturday, August 2, 2008

My Baby is Double Digits

In the midst of all the packing, organizing, and other craziness, my baby turned 10 years old. TEN! Can you believe it? I can't. First off, I can't believe that I have a ten year old. Can I really be old enough for that to have happened? Secondly, I can't believe my baby is ... not a baby anymore.

I don't have many pictures on my computer right now and a lot are simply packed away, but here are a few of my angel:

Here he is at the ripe old age of two:



He's always been such a happy person - smiling so much all the time. He has his drama moments (don't we all), but overall he just is a joy to be around. One of the many reasons I love him.

And here he is again at age three:



This picture captures his personality so much. Cute, happy, fun, and a little mischievous to boot! But so freakin' adorable, no?

I can't be bothered to upload a recent one of him. Go back a few entries, you'll find one. I'm too tired and the camera is all the way downstairs. Rest assured, more will come. Especially after his little sister joins him. I can't even begin to tell you how sweet it is to see him so excited for her arrival. It literally brings me to tears when I think about it because he is just so thrilled for her to come. He can't wait to be able to feel her kick and actually was close to crying the other day because I could feel her and he could not. It is too precious for words, truly. He is going to be a phenomenal big brother, I can already tell.

Update on the packing front:

Basement is cleared out except laundry stuff.
Main floor continues in the same state - mostly packed (aside from the kitchen) with bits and bobs to shove in other locations.
The office is about 80% complete. Everything is out of my desk (finally) and out of the closet as well. I am estimating 3-4 more boxes to wrap it all up here.
The bedrooms are generally the same.

Our pod arrives on Monday. Then the real task begins - fitting everything in a 16ft. pod. I am hoping and praying that we can do it, as the cost will drop in half if we only have one pod. Right now I am optimistic. I just hope we can sell our entertainment center and desk prior to our move, as that will free up some space if we don't take those things.

We continued to be blessed and know that this is the right thing for our family to be doing. We were given another batch of boxes today from a friend at church - just the right type and sizes we needed. What an amazing blessing.

Soren also had a few friends over today for a pool party and cake and what not. Aside from the visit of thunder about halfway through our pool adventures, it was a good time. And now his birthday celebrations are officially over and we now shift our entire focus to finishing up with packing and beginning the cleaning process. We've already had help with the basement - so grateful for that - and have more help coming on Monday. There is still a bit more in the basement and then we have the main floor to tackle. That will be a little more tricky considering there are still boxes piled everywhere. Maybe by the time help shows up I will have the office emptied out. Here's hoping!

So that's the latest. And now I am exhausted, sore, and needing a long sleep.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Nae!
So excited to see that the packing process is coming along and that you, Alan, Soren and the baby are doing well. We look forward to lots of hugs and fun when you get here!

Nancy Sabina said...

Awwww. Your sweet little baby is certainly a big boy now. You're right that he was a happy little guy. A joy to be around. Still is.
I swear I'm gonna call you today. We've got to chat!