Monday, August 18, 2008

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be the beginning.

So.

This is it.

My last night in Virginia.

Almost all of my errands have been run. I said goodbye to people from my old job. It was so nice to visit with them! I said goodbye to my wonderful ob/gyn and his assistant (whom I love to bits!) and got my records. I ran to the store to pick up a few last minute things. I dropped off my mail key and the last few things to finish up checking out of our townhouse. And I made a few phone calls as well. So a lot got done today! I still need to do another load of laundry in the morning and do the final packing job. I will also need to ship myself a package or two to accommodate all of the adorable things Little Bean received at the baby shower that was given to me by my sweet friends Jen and Alison. It was so nice to sit and visit with friends and to be able to say goodbye. Or rather, "see you later." Cuz, let's face it, saying goodbye sucks.

I'm sad to leave so many good friends who have been there for me in so many different ways. But the good thing is that I know many of them are forever friends, not just right now friends. One in particular I know will be there for me for the rest of my life - and beyond as well. And that is a good feeling. Except it makes the leaving that much more difficult. Ugh!

Instead of focusing on that (I'm not in the mood to cry right now!), I will focus on the friends and family I am going back to! I am so excited to be close to my brothers again. I love them and their families so much! I'm also glad to be close to my parents (very close for a while!). I worried about them both a lot and when they were both very sick a couple of years ago I was a mess not being able to be there to help them. Of course I hope that doesn't happen again, but if it does, I want to be there. Then there are the many wonderful friends that we get to go back to! I can't wait to get hugs from them, play games, and go on outings together again. Trust me when I say, I've had to focus on all of these things to keep myself from crying for the past 2-3 weeks.

Now I just need to make it through a long evening of travel tomorrow before I can curl up (as best as I can with 6 months of baby inside of me! haha!) next to my sweetheart and sleep tomorrow night. That is unless Little Bean decides to wake me up in the middle of the night. Again. Twice. Haha! She's an active little one, but I'm ok with that . . . she's worth it. All this exhaustion (and the loads that is forthcoming) is all worth it.

So, Virginia.... it's been a great (mostly) 4 years. I'll hopefully be back in the spring to show off my little blessing . . . . anyone who wants to come visit the gorgeous Portland metro area, let me know! I love visitors! Just not during the first week or two in December. I'll be recuperating from giving birth! Ha!

No comments: