Thursday, August 7, 2008

Stuff, Stuff, and More Stuff!

I am very grateful that 6 or so years ago I was introduced to Flylady. Seriously. This is our third move in the last 4 years. If I still had some of my old habits (aka "Keeping Everything Just In Case"), this move (and the 2 others we've made) would have been much worse. I'm guessing we are going to wind up having extra empty boxes because I've overestimated how many we actually need. Also, I'm very optimistic that we'll be able to fit everything into our pod. Had I still been in my other mindset, I'm not sure we'd have enough boxes and I'm positive a 16ft. pod would not be enough.

That being said, we are getting closer to completion. What is left?

*The game closet
*The 2 upstairs bathrooms
*Bits and bobs from the living room
*Bits and bobs from the kitchen
*40% of the master bedroom
*The back porch area
*Cleaning on the main floor and top floor

Today my goal is the game closet, the bits and bobs from the living room, and working some more on the master bedroom. Alan's last day of work is today, so he'll be home all day tomorrow to help. His brother is flying in tonight to help as well. Last night we had a friend from Alan's work come over and help, which was so wonderful, and he is coming back tonight as well! His wife will be joining him after that and we'll all have dinner in the mess and chaos. It should be fun, though!

We would like to have 95% of our belongings snugly inside the pod by tomorrow night. I need to cancel our second pod soon if we don't need it and that will leave me with plenty of time to clean. Woohoo! I do believe one of the last things to be packed will be our wireless router. We are such internet junkies!

Well that's all I have time for today. I must keep up with the packing. I also need to brush my teeth and freshen up for lunch with my friend Nancy. Yay!

2 comments:

Tiffini said...

Enjoy all of the good bye partying! We can't wait to see the boys.

Nancy Sabina said...

Lunch was fab, by the way. Even though all three kids were asleep before we were out of Oakton and therefore wouldn't sleep anymore when we got home - it was still worth it! It was so nice to just be normal with you. Just hang and chat. *sigh* Why didn't we do that more often while we lived close? Stupid me.