Monday, January 7, 2008

2008? Not sure I'm impressed....

One word can sum up 2008 for me thus far: sick. That's right, ladies and gentlemen! The whole of 2008 thus far for me has been spent with some nasty cold bug or something. I have a doc appt. on Wednesday anyway, so I figure if I'm still sick at that point, I will just ask for something then. However, it is my hope that I will be able to shake this before that point (though that has been my hope since Jan. 1st and it is now the 7th... hmmmmm).

Today is day 1 of "back to normal" life. Alan is back at work (after working two days last week - why did it feel like more?), Soren is back to school (though he went back on Wednesday), and I am officially back to working all of my jobs. Today starts another session of my On Stage class. As of right now I have 8 kids enrolled. That is HALF of what I had last session. This is very happy for me. I can handle 8. However, there is still time for more kids to enroll today and seeing how a lot of people procrastinate, I could have a full class (12) by 4pm today. We'll see. I'm hoping to stick to 8.

Because I've been sick, I've had more time to do things I wouldn't normally have time to do. For example, I finished a book! This is very exciting for me, as I love to read but the past few months just have not had the time, energy, or desire to sit down and finish any books. However - A Thousand Splendid Suns sucked me in fairly quickly and I finished it within a day or two of really sitting down and reading it. I've also almost finished The Golden Compass which isn't nearly as evil and anti-God as a lot of reviews I've read. HOWEVER, I am fully aware that it gets worse as the series progresses. I do happen to have a child in the house who is desperate to read these books, though, and I want to read them all before I even think about letting him pick one up - so that's why I'm reading them. Thus far? *shrugs* It's not a fantastic book, but it's ok.

Speaking of reading, Soren got quite a few books for Christmas and has been devouring the Septimus Heap series which starts with Magyk. He has already checked out the next book from the library and finished it and is desperate (like almost manic) to get to school so he can check out the third book. However, when asked if he was interested in owning the entire series, he shrugged his shoulders. I think it's time for me to stop buying him books and just go to the library more. Why don't I usually do this? Because we never have TIME to go to the library together. Bah, time. However, I am going to force us to make time. This might be easier considering there are a few school holidays coming up.

What else has been going on? Oh - lots of gaming. We've had time to play Wii and it continues to be super fun. However, I have not had the energy to play many of the sports games so I have found myself staring at the TV while I'm cuddled up on the couch playing MySims. Not nearly as much activity, but so fun! I've also played an online game with Alan that we both enjoy called World of Warcraft. It's a great sick-day activity. And let's not forget TV. And movies. We've watched 2 of the 3 DVDs we got for Christmas. Yesterday while I was laying at home hacking up a lung and blowing my nose until it was raw I enjoyed watching Slipper and the Rose with the director's commentary. Now THAT was fun. I also watched all the extras on the DVD. I am still so very much in love with that movie (and can still quote almost the entire thing).

OH - enough about me. Soren had his first basketball game of the season on Saturday! Woohoo! Alan (since he's the coach and all) went and I stayed home (because of the sick and all). However, Alan reported that the boys all played really well and Soren had 6 rebounds! I'm hoping to go to the game this Saturday and take some photos.

That's about it from me! I've got water aerobics that I'm going to drag myself to this morning and then I've got LOTS to do.... hope I survive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon!!!! We love you. Tell Soren way to go! 6 rebounds in his first game is great. He must have a really good coach.