Thursday, January 17, 2008

SNOW!



Pretty, no? It will not be pretty tomorrow, but it is pretty now! I love the snow**!!!

Thank you to all of you who called, responded, or just thought and prayed about our little family this week. I know the Lord is watching over us as I have been blessed with an immense feeling of peace. Whatever will be, will be. As President Hinkley said:

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

That is what we are doing. Moving forward. Which is why my week has been busy, busy, busy! I've managed to revise one website, put together 3 more websites (one went live Monday, the other twoh went live today), pick out a show and cast it (On Stage Class), get a student ready for a recital this weekend, teach 2 voice lessons, teach one musical theatre class, juggle girl's night AND Soren's basketball practice (Alan had to work late and missed it), pick up another book, finish watching the first season of Jeeves and Wooster and started watching the first season of As Time Goes By. Yes, I have an addiction to British sitcoms. It's a weakness.

Lucky for me I only have ONE website left to work on this week, my musical theatre class for today was canceled, Cub Scouts was canceled, AND Alan got home from work early today! So, he's downstairs making clam chowder and I'm going to get some laundry done. I also got a paycheck today, so that always makes me smile!

Life moves forward and it's better for me to move forward with it, so that's what I'm doing. I am planning on slowing down a bit, though. I've decided to only take one project at a time from my new job instead of trying to juggle 3-4 projects at once. That will reduce my stress considerably. I may even get more done that way, too! That is my goal, anyway.

That's really all from this side of the world. We'll know more about the infertility situation at the first of next week. I will update as we know more.



**This feeling is reserved for initial snowfall. All feelings related to traffic and school closings due to snow are in no way related to the love of snow. Statement may be retracted if snow continues for prolonged periods of time. Statement may be null and void if school cancellation causes problems with any of the plays I am directing. I reserve the right to add to this addendum and/or retract the statement altogether.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. I appreciate your example and positive outlook. I can honestly say I was mostly depressed and angry during our bout of infertility, and I wish I had been more faithful and positive. I hope things work out well for you, and please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Jill said...

Prayers headed your way. Three of my close friends have been dealing with infertility as well as a few other relatives. I have no idea what this is like for you, but I've seen the hurt and anger and hope they experience. I love you both ways. Always have. Always will.

Glad the snow made an appearance. Gives a nice, clean, new feeling to everything, doesn't it?

Tiffini said...

I like the fresh snow too. Although shoveling the driving and sidewalks around our corner lot is a pain. Sorry--won't complain about being in a home. I know you guys would love to shovel your own snow.