Saturday, January 12, 2008

Long Week

This was my first week back to working everything. It has come to my attention that I can't really handle how much I've agreed to, so it's been a very long week. I'm still trying to figure out how I finally made it to Saturday. I won't go into detail, but let's just say I'm extremely grateful the week is over.

Last night I went to see P.S. I Love You with my friend, Merianne. I do not think I have ever cried so consistently through a movie ever in my life. I then repeated the crying when I explained parts of the movie to Alan. And I'm still emotionally a wreck this morning. All in all, though, it was very therapeutic. Especially after my week.

Yesterday was Colonial Day at Soren's school. It's a huge event for all 4th graders. They are required to come to school in costume and they spend the day doing things that were done in colonial times. The classrooms are literally transformed. I have a picture on my cell phone of Soren's classroom, but I have yet to figure out how to access those pics for download. I do, however, have two pictures of Soren:





The first one was the best smile I could get out of him. The second was his attempt at being a poor beggar colonial child, but I was laughing too hard and he cracked up while I was taking the picture. Trying to put that costume together was one of the great stresses of my week. Lucky for me, I have good friends who helped me and I work for a theatre.

I am hoping this week will be much better than this past week. I'm ready for things to relax and for me to not be such a ball of stress.

On top of all of the everyday stress I suppose I should mention that we are in the middle of another cycle with clomid (fertility drug, for those unaware) in yet another attempt to add a member to our family. This hasn't been stressing me out at all. No, of course not. And it has not added any sort of strange hormonal changes or anything. Haha! So add that to my week and. . . yeah.

I leave you with this. For those of you who already understand the 'joys' of infertility, I hope this touches you. For those who have no idea what it is like to deal with, this is a little glimpse of how it feels sometimes.



Lest anyone think I am not grateful for the miracle I already have, I should mention that I am - beyond words - very blessed to have my sweet miracle. And as time goes on I realize what a miracle he actually is to us. But that doesn't stop the pain of wanting more.

5 comments:

Jill said...

You made me tear up. A beautiful video. Thanks for posting it and your story. I didn't know you were going through this. Two of the blogs I read are written by women who also dealt/are dealing with infertility issues. Email me and I'll give you their blog addresses - thoroughlyhere{at}gmail{dot}com. Love you!

Tiffini said...

Oh sister...that made me cry. I ache for you and Alan and hope so dearly that you will be blessed again soon. I am here for you seester!! Knowing what you guys are going through helps shake me back into perspective when life gets to feeling a little insane. I love you!!

Ie Li said...

Soren is the sweetest boy ever. We'll pray for you Shanae.

Anonymous said...

I'm here with you, pray with you, empathize with you, and paddled in your boat. Yes, it made me cry. I love you. I am here, we are all here, for you, Alan and Soren. Just so you know, the wanting and emotions do not take away the love and appreciation we all know you have for your eldest blessing.

Nancy Sabina said...

Oh Nae. I ache on your behalf (even though I know you ache plenty all on your own). I'm back in town - call me if you want to talk/rant/cry/escape.