Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Mid-Week Updates



This is what I stare at when I have time but don't want to use it for anything productive - you know, like cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry, or vacuuming. Gah, I hate most of those things. Instead I stare at adorable pictures of kitties with goofy captions on and off all day between spurts of working. Admit it - that kitty is adorable. You can waste time, too! Click here to see more. There are almost 200 pages of these kitties. Most of the content is appropriate, but be careful because a few of them are questionable. Luckily most of the questionable stuff is flagged as such and you can't see it unless you click, so it's MOSTLY safe. And totally adorable and silly. You're welcome.

:D

This week has been another fairly slow week and I'm realizing that I could really get used to it. It was a 4 day weekend for Soren, so he enjoyed that. We spent Monday morning running errands and then he headed to a friend's house on Monday afternoon while I prepared for work. My On Stage class went well, considering it was a day off from school and the kids were all kinds of hyped up. However, they ALL showed up, which was surprising. So we were able to start blocking the show. I have to re-think a few things, but I'm hoping it all turns out in the end. On Monday night I TOTALLY DITCHED MY FAMILY! Bwahahahaha! I went out with Marie (have I mentioned her before? She's my friend who lives in my dungeon erm. . . basement). She took me to dinner (though she really just paid for herself because I had a coupon for a free meal for my birthday haha), then we went to World Market, Target, and Borders. I didn't get home until late. But whatever. It was all good!

Tuesday was faaaabulous. It's make-up week at the performing arts school I work at and I did not have anything to make-up on Tuesday! This meant that I did not have any work! Hooray! For the first time all month my calendar was one big blank square. Actually, it's more of a rectangle shape. Hee hee! Anyway - this meant I had a lot more freedom with my day. I spent the morning mostly on the phone with friends who needed to chat for one reason or another. Then I headed to my friend April's house to keep her company and bring her books and movies. She's on bed rest for like, too long.. I won't even mention how long because it sounds so depressing. She needs entertainment. So I brought her things (including myself haha) to entertain her. It was a wonderful visit and I must make sure to clear an hour or two every week to go sit on her bed and chat! After realizing how late it was getting, I headed home and pulled into the parking lot just as Soren's bus stopped. Wonderful timing! Especially because the bus stopped traffic which made the left turn into the parking lot MUCH easier. I then cooked dinner - creamy chicken enchiladas - for the fam and for a friend who has been sick. When Alan got home, I went out to drop the dinner off and then came back so I could have my creamy chicken enchilada. MMmmmmmmmmm. Afterwards, the boys and I played Fluxx and watched The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Quite shortly thereafter it was time for bed for everyone.

It was easy for me to see that I could so quickly go back to not working 4 jobs. I am more determined than ever to quit one now. The others I shall keep and we'll see how next school year goes. If I decide to leave more behind, I will.

Yesterday I had my water aerobics class in the morning and then I had to play a teeny bit of catch up with my web design work - nothing major. But after I caught up, I had other things to do, so I spent most of my day at the computer. Soren got home from school and . . . . ugh - he's 9 years old and stressing about college and the SATs. This worries me. We had a long talk that, once again, made me grateful to be home when he got home from school. Just adding to the determination to let go of one of my jobs. After he recovered from that, we had dinner and he and Alan were off to basketball practice. Then it was GIRL'S NIGHT! WEEEEEEeeeeee! Didn't do anything terribly exciting - except hook up my VCR and watch an audition tape with me singing and dancing. Then it was just chit chatting. So that was groovy! After the girl's left I read for a bit and then went to sleepy land.

Today is Thursday. My morning and afternoon are fairly open (which means I have web design work and housework to do), but I do have to work late this afternoon and then Soren has his Pinewood Derby tonight. I'll get a few photos tonight and post them. He didn't do well in the time trials and so he's turned on his "well I don't care anyway" attitude. Gah. I don't remember being a teenager this early!!!

Dear Mom and Dad - I'm sorry that I had to act like a teenager when I was a teenager. Please forgive me.

(Maybe that will help. I apologized, right? So that means that I won't have to pay for how I acted as a teenager by having one do the same stuff I did, right? Cuz I said I was sorry. Right? Please? Anyone?)

*giggles*

Oh - I'm slowly working on changing my layout around. I've added a few blogs that I read to my sidebar. If you read this and want to be added, just let me know! I don't know who all reads this and/or how they found me and/or if they want me reading their blog, but I'm a pretty open person. So just comment or email me or whatever and I'll list your blog on the side and then, of course, I'll read it because I officially have a link to it.

So... yeah - enjoy your Thursday!

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Hooray! I'm so glad to read a bit of that Shanae-wit on your blog. Thanks for cheering my morning up. And, just in case, this helps, I FULLY endorse you quiting a job or two. Take some time for YOU, girl!

Merianne said...

Could ya maybe look at something else when you're bored? I hate cats...with a passion! :)
You crack me up....