Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sickness strikes again!

Not me this time. Nope, this time it was my baby! Soren came home early from school on Friday with a temperature of 100 or so. We went over to CVS (drugstore) to pick up some over-the-counter meds and a thermometer (ours all had recently died). He spent almost all of Friday afternoon/evening in bed, his temp topping out at 103. Then on Saturday he spent, literally, all day in bed - most of it sleeping.

Now, anyone who knows Soren knows that he does not sit still well. He gets that from me. He likes to be up and going, even when he is sick. So this was quite abnormal. His temp crawled up to 104 yesterday evening and he was so miserable. He asked for a blessing, so we called a friend and Alan and he gave Soren a blessing. After that Soren asked for medicine and said he wanted to go to sleep.

In the middle of the night Soren came in saying there was a ticking sound - like a bomb - in his pillow. He also said his blankets were getting bigger. He was very scared. Alan tried to go in to his room and show him that everything was okay, but we think maybe his fever was causing him to freak out a bit. It was still at 104. Soren ended up in bed with us. I was stuck in the middle of my two boys. It made for a cozy night of little/no sleep. For me, anyway.

Upon waking up this morning, Soren looked and sounded loads better. His temp was down to 100 again and he had energy and a smile. I even got a pic of his hair in a mohawk, but he begged me not to post it. He's back in bed now playing his Gameboy. I will be heading to church alone today, as I have obligations and Alan's aren't quite as imperative for him to show up for as mine. If Soren's temp rises again, we'll be taking him to a clinic.

I spent some time yesterday working on my personal website in between checking on Soren and attending a voice recital for one of my students. I managed to get the basic design done. You can check it out here, if you'd like. I also arted for the first time in quite a while and came up with this:



So that was fun!

I'll hopefully be updating my site with some goofy computer graphic art I do as well as some tracks of my singing. We'll see how that goes.

Ok, it is time for me to eat and get ready for church! Au revoir!

1 comment:

Tiffini said...

being sick is lame...tell Soren that I feel for him and I am hoping that by now he is back to his normal, hyper, fun-loving self.