Tuesday, June 3, 2008

June? Already? Or is that: June! Finally!

I have been looking forward to June for quite some time. However, now that it's finally here, I'm not so sure I am ready for it! Isn't that always the way? The pleasant spring weather is beginning to fade into the heat and humidity that accompanies the summers here in the DC area. I have never been a fan of humidity, but I have definitely become more accustomed to it the longer we live here. This, however, does not mean I like it. I've just accepted it.

This past Saturday was Soren's final soccer game. His team lost, but apparently he did a killer job as keeper (also known as goalie - I was at work, so I missed it). Following his game, we had a major storm which included tornadoes that touched down less than 5 miles from our front door. Exciting! Luckily things cleared up and the team was able to have their end-of-season-pool-party. Everyone commented on Soren's "mad skillz" in the goal. He truly is an amazing keeper and is not afraid to go after the ball, jump on it, and risk being kicked in the face. Not to mention the fact that when he kicks or throws it from the goal, it goes sailing across the field and scares some of the kids sometimes. However, most of them are now used to him, so we see less fear than we used to when he first started here. I hope he is able to play on a recreation level for a long time to come.

Today is dress rehearsal for our final show of the year, No Strings Attached. Dress rehearsal is always the point at which I say - I have done all I can. It's almost a nice relief because we don't have any more classes after this, just the cast party. For anyone who has done a play/musical before, it's always so nice when it's over because everyone is so tired of it. Sure, you miss the connections and closeness created with everyone that is involved with the show, but you are ready for it to be done 99% of the time. I am totally ready to be done. Which is why I have a countdown of how many more days I actually have to go into work on my calendar (14 more times after today, for those who are curious).

School is also wrapping up here. They moved the last day of school. We didn't have any snow days, so they removed the built in snow days and are letting the kids out 2 days earlier. This means that next Friday (the 13th - insert spooky music here), Soren will be done! He is very excited for a relaxing summer. I'm not sure how relaxing it will be, but at least he won't have school. I'm looking forward to the week following because I do not have to work, so we'll get to hang out.

The one sad thing about June is that we now have less than 30 days to decide what we are doing when our lease is up in August. It's not an easy thing for us, as we have come to love this area on many levels. There are things pulling us towards 'home' (Washington state), things pulling us closer to Alan's work (10-15 miles west of here, which doesn't sound like a lot, but it really is), and things pulling us to stay right where we are. I hate making tough decisions. I also hate change. We'll see what the future holds for us.

But on to more happy prospects! I am officially out of the First Trimester. I feel human about 85% of the time now and that is a wonderful feeling! Most of my pants are complaining when I try to zip/button them up. I bought a Bella-band type thing, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. Which means I could be in for trouble over the next 2 months. All of the real maternity clothes I have are for winter, because that is when I'll be the most pregnant. So I'm in that inbetween phase that many are familiar with - too small to really wear maternity clothes and too big to keep wearing regular clothes. Oh well! It's all worth it! After losing 60+ lbs this past year, though, it kinda stinks when everything that didn't fit you fits you again and you just feel fat instead of pregnant! Haha!

I'm sure there is more I could update about, but I've got errands to run and a dress rehearsal to get ready for! So, until next time.....

*waves*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude!
a) your beautiful no matter what size pants you wear prego. or not... so move on ;-) FYI at that phase i started wearing scott's pants - cheap and comfy solution

b) check this... eli is done and sam finishes thursday! yeppers 6/5 - was suppose to be the 4th but they had a (just 1) snow day. so let out is 11:55am on 6/5! scared!!!!

c) let's not forget the PULL to illinois either ;-)

HUGS!

Nancy Sabina said...

Congrats to Soren on his mad skillz. I think it's hysterical that he scares some of the other kids.

Congrats to you on the end of one yucky phase and the start of another (heheh - hows that for pessimism?).

And I'm happy to add myself as one of the "pulls" toward Alan's work. But of course, I'll still love you if you don't come out here. I just have to love you from afar!