Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Things you learn

This week I learned that:

*Our townhouse is actually 2100 square feet. Including the basement. Which, luckily, we didn't occupy much of or this packing nightmare would be worse

*One closet can hold a LOT of stuff

*One bookcase can hold even more

*Boxes can multiply on their own

*No matter how many boxes you estimate it will take, it is never enough

*Having your dishwasher break doesn't motivate you to pack up the kitchen (even though it should)

*It's hot in the summer. Especially upstairs.

*Inevitably, there is always a box or two with the label: Misc.

*Babies like to kick at night when you are trying to sleep

*Showers are overrated during moving; teeth brushing is not

It's been a long week. The basement is almost finished, the dining room is finished and full of boxes, the living room and powder room are basically done, just a few odds and ends. The only thing left on the main floor are the kitchen (ugh) and the hall closet. I have slowly been working on the office (double ugh) and last night began packing up clothes that won't fit me for quite a while thanks to our little princess (but I am ok with that! She is worth it!). There is still at least half a house to pack. It's all coming so fast I'm not sure what to do. Part of me feels like we are on track and the other part of me is losing my mind.

I'd really like to dedicate next week to cleaning, so hopefully we can keep up the pace and pack, pack, pack!

After a trip to the Cheesecake Factory. After all, it is National Cheesecake Day! If you go today, you can get a piece of Cheesecake for $1.50, too! Yum!!

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Oh, dear...I feel your pain. If only you had some old roomie who loves you to come help you like I did. Oh...wait... (pause) crap.

I wish I could come help you. Maybe I can get a sitter or something. I'll call you.

And thanks for the cheesecake tip! That'll really help my diet loads.

Jen said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Will you tell Soren happy birthday for me? Good luck with the moving and yeah that I will get to see you in Portland end of next month!!!

Happy Wanderers said...

Wow...I guess it's been way too long since I've come to your blog...I'm a slacker! And here I come and see that you're having a girl (or as Claire says, a 'grill') and moving to the West and having fun with moving and multiplying boxes (which is true by the way...and did you also know that all the stuff in your junk drawer(s) that you thought was so important will also multiply exponentially???)... If I were there, I'd come help you out!!! So, just remember that I'm there in spirit, and maybe that will make the work easier?? :) Good luck!!!

Rick said...

Cheese cake - sounds good, but I am miles away from one of the Factories.

http://www.organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/