Monday, November 3, 2008

I just can't stay away.....

Well, my time at home was short lived. I'm back in the hospital again. Looks like this time it is for good - well at least until I deliver this little cutie pie (who I got to see again today on ultrasound!). She is doing fine, by the way. Quite the trooper while her mom's body is falling apart around her. We have a semi-official diagnosis of cholestasis of pregnancy with a possibility of PIH. The doctor(s) that I saw today are really not sure what to do with me. One of them wanted to induce today. The other says we can hold off until the liver tests come back super yucky. We are going with the 'holding off' doctor. But the longest we can hold off is until Nov. 10th. She won't let things go further than that because if it is cholestasis, that is when it can start causing problems for the baby. Forget mom and the insane itching..... hahaha! No, really - keeping the princess inside for as long as is safe for both of us is the best course.

There's not really much more to say at this point. They'll come in and monitor me again in a couple hours and then take blood again in the morning. If the liver tests come back the same, I hang out another day at the hospital. If they rise again, they could start induction. We'll see what happens. Once again, I'll update when I know more.

6 comments:

Judith said...

It's good you're being monitored and even better that you're in such good spirits. I'm sure 'lil princess already feels the love and is a swimmer already :-).

Jill said...

Sheesh. Is it the food? The stellar in-room TV? Just kidding. I am so sorry you're back there but glad you can blog and give updates. You're in my prayers. Still. Love you.

Missy said...

Ick on the hospital accommodations, but it is good to know that you and your little bean are safe and well monitored! Quite the ride you are having here sister, and we are keeping you in our prayers.

Merianne said...

I can't believe it's almost time for your little one to get here. You've waited so long for her, and it's time!! I check in on your blog everyday to see if anything exciting has happened. Make sure you keep us all posted! Lots of love!!

Author said...

You sound exhausted. I'm so sorry that you have to be in the hospital until she comes. But, it will be for the best so I guess it is a good thing. Do they know what caused all this fun stuff to happen? Is it common?

As always, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

If you need something funny to think about, just remember that time that me and you went to Arlington cemetary and that security guard burped in your face. That was hysterical!!

love,
Alison

April said...

Oh boy, back in the hospital. I hope you had your bag packed and your ballot finished! Don't forget extra memory card and batteries. Although, I guess all that really doesn't matter, as long as little Princess and You are safe and healthy, right? It was nice talking with you on Sunday!!