Tuesday, November 18, 2008

One Week Old

I can't believe it's already been a week with our sweet little miracle! And what a week it has been! We are all pretty exhausted, the normal result of bringing a baby into your home. I think it's been extra hard for Alan because he is not used to interrupted sleep. I'm a little more used to it, especially after that time in the hospital where I was poked and prodded in the middle of the night. But we are adjusting! Slowly but surely, we'll get there.

Caroline is very teenie, so we're having to take her to the doctor a little more and watch her weight gain as well. She was 6lbs 2oz at birth and has dropped to 5lbs 8oz as of yesterday. That was a gain from the hospital, but she still needs to put on a few more oz (at least 10) in the next week. We are working on getting her to eat more often, especially as that will help with her jaundice. While she weighs next to nothing (I swear my purse weighs more than she does), she is LONG. This creates a small problem with preemie clothes. Her feet are too big for the footsies and her body is too long for the outfit. But if I put her in something bigger, she drowns in it! She is such a cutie, though.

I've uploaded all the pics we have so far of her (I think). You can check them out here. That will also be where I'll be uploading other pics as they come in. Captions will come in time . . .

Here's a sneak peek of her and her itty bitty cuteness:



Soren also had a doctor's appointment yesterday. He's been having trouble with his feet, so we are in the process of working out what could be the problem. Luckily, he has a distraction:



Ok, I need to go grab a snack and feed the princess before we take an afternoon nap. I'll do my best to keep things updated, but we are all going through an adjustment having a screaming, cooing, sleeping, peeing, adorably cute princess running things around here.

4 comments:

Tiffini said...

cute, cute, cute!!!!! She is so tiny!

Nancy Sabina said...

Ohhhh! You guys all look great! Those boys seem to be kissing that little girl a lot. It's like she's already worshipped (I think she probably was from the day she was conceived!). That's all just as it should be.

Be sure to remind me to go look at those pics every once in a while. I'll forget unless my Reader reminds me!

Author said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I love pictures of her sleeping on people that are also sleeping. We have many of those pictures too, they are my favorites. I think they really show how "exciting" babies can be! :)

Miss you tons,
Alison

April said...

oh, glad to hear an update!!! I hear ya on the "[husband] isn't used to interrupted sleep" business :-) I hope she eats and eats and gains good wait and poops that jaundice out asap! :-)