Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Latest On The Princess

So we all know that our little one has had some struggles with her growth, her eating, and everything in between! It seemed like she was starting to get the hang of things for a few days and then she turned the other direction and now she wants nothing to do with nursing. I'm pretty sad about that, but I've decided to take a big deep breath and just let it go. I'd rather enjoy her cute little smiles, coos, and snuggles than argue with her for an hour or more 6-8 times a day. So we are slowly transitioning to formula. I hate to do it, but my supply (especially because I'm pumping) isn't what it needs to be. So, there ya go. We've made it almost 3 months and it's been a fight the whole way. I figure we'll have enough fighting during her teenage years, so let's stop fighting for now. Like I said, I'm pretty sad about the whole thing, but I'm trying to think of the positives. I'd say I will miss our special time, but it's generally been a nightmare. Maybe next time - armed with the knowledge and experience I have now - things will go more smoothly!

That being said, Caroline has officially surpassed the 9lb mark. I haven't weighed her yet today (I rented a scale - I'm like a first time mom, I swear!), but at her last weight check she was 9lbs 5oz! She also continues to lengthen... she's gonna be tall - but that's not really a surprise. What I am really loving, though, is how alert she is getting and how many smiles we get to see on a daily basis (especially now that she is getting food!). I can't believe it's almost been 3 months since she joined us. I also can't believe how long it is taking me to get my life back together. I was told, however, that for each day in the hospital plan on a week of recovery. That explains a lot. But we're getting there.





That's our girl! She's a doll!

At least she's not as teenie as a doll anymore!

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

I'm sorry it didn't last as long as you wanted it to - but you did the best she could ask of you. I totally know what you mean about not wanting to fight with her for hours a day. Just sluff off any guilt you are making yourself feel and move on! There are so many perks to bottle feeding that you'll be happy to discover. ...Man it's fun to hear you talking about being a Mom to a baby!

Tiffini said...

Wyatt says "that was a cute baby". I agree.