Thursday, February 5, 2009

Trip to the Beach




This past weekend was my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. My dad whisked my mom away on Wednesday to a beach house owned by some friends of ours from church. We were invited to join them for the weekend, so we packed ourselves up and off we went!

Can I just say that packing up a baby is way more work than I remember it being? Haha! Soren's packing involved me throwing a bag at him and saying - get clean underwear and some clothes. Caroline? Goodness. Diapers, wipes, 4,000 changes of clothes (she poops a lot... and everywhere), blankets, stroller, burp rags, breast pump, bottles, etc. etc. etc. And I want to travel across the country with her next month???? Yeah, I still do. Hee hee!



We flew kites:



This kite should look familiar to my friend, April. Hey April? Let Tom know that it flies beautifully - we love it!



We also finally got out a kite that Soren received as a present from Grandma and Grandpa years and years ago:



I was going to take photos of the food we ate, but it's hard to do that when you are trying to feed both yourself and a baby! Needless to say, it was yummy!

This was the first big trip we've taken together as a family and we had a great time! It was very relaxing and wonderful to spend time away from the house! Hooray for getting OUT!

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Are you coming out here next month? When? WHEN?

Merianne said...

When are you coming back to VA? I'm having my shower on 3/19....maybe you'll be in town then? I'll cross my fingers!

Tiffini said...

we miss the beach. sigh.

April said...

Oh! Nice kite! I'm glade it's getting used instead of sitting in our closet for years and years!!! And happy late b-day to Alan! Too bad we couldn't all celebrate together this year :-( Hope to see you soon!