Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Warm Post on a Cold Day

It's snowing. Again. What is UP with that? So I decided to make a post about the warm day we had at the park last week. Less than a week ago, really! And now it's snowing!

Anyway.

This is Caroline's first trip to the park. Soren wasn't too excited about having her come along, but I wanted to take my kidS to the park. So the kidS went with their mommy!! The weather said it was going to be nearly 60 degrees out! Yay! So here's a few pics of our little trip:

Caroline slept for the walk up to the park, but then she got hungry and had her afternoon snack in the sunshine!



While she ate, Soren found a friend to shoot hoops with:



I had a lovely chat with this boy's mom and then it was time to walk the rest of the way to the church so Soren could go to Scouts. On the way back I was able to take a picture of the park again, this time with a view of Mt. Hood:



I am glad to live close to a park, I just wish it wasn't uphill to get there. At least it is downhill on the way home, though! Hoorah!

It was kinda funny, though . . . when we got to the church, Caroline was making her tell-tell signs that she had mucked up her pants. Unfortunately, the church was locked because we were about 20min early for scouts. So we got to change her pants on the front lawn of the church! Haha! I hope she didn't get too cold. I mean, the sun was out and all but it is still February!

Yay for trips to the park!

2 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

How fun to take your kidS to the park! It's funny - we're having our 60 degree, nice day today. The kids are outside playing and getting muddy. But it was like 18 last week and it's supposed to snow over the coming weekend. I guess days like these are supposed to give us hope...sometimes it feels more like a tease though!

Tiffini said...

I am glad you can spend time with your KIDS..no that doesn't give it the right emphasis..definitely kidS.