Thursday, February 26, 2009

An Overdue Update

How is March just around the corner? That's crazy.

Life has been a sea of emotions and insanity. I've had some extreme ups and downs. My kids are my ups, that's for sure. I love them both so much and just want to squish them all the time.

We are still debating on where to live, so until we can figure that out, we're here with my parents. We're still digging through hospital bills from a nearly 3 week stay (I am stunned at how expensive it can be and want to hug all of my friends who have battled keeping their babies with much longer stays! ugh!) and, of course, still adjusting to life with a baby. Sometimes it's hard to remember life without our little miracle and other times I suddenly realize that I have kidS - children - and that still weirds me out. There seem to be constant challenges around every corner, but we've decided to put our shoulder to the wheel and simply push along.

We are finally able to take advantage of one of the perks of Alan's job - air travel for cheap! On March 14th I get to sneak away to Washington, DC and visit my friends out there for a week! I'm pretty excited for lots of reasons. Soren, however, is very jealous! So I suppose that means another trip this summer so he can join in on the fun! I'm a little nervous about traveling with Caroline simply because I don't forsee her being a good traveler... she's so very moody and all got quite a little personality and I'm not sure others will appreciate it for 6+ hours on an airplane. However, we do what we must to go see old friends whom we love! Plus, I've got to get photos of Caroline with the two doctors that helped get her here!

Well I just realized it's crock pot night and, since it's nearly 3pm, if I don't get it in now, it won't be done in time for dinner. I just wanted to update that we are all alive and at functioning levels! Hooray!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Can't wait to see you!

Author said...

Can I see you too? I would love to meet Caroline in person. But I don't want you to have to run all over the place so that everyone can see you, call me when you get here and I'll come to you. :)
Alison