Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

Can you believe how early Easter was this year? I don't mean to complain, but... I am a little. My St. Patrick's Day festivities were followed far too closely by a holiday that REALLY matters! Haha! Oh well!

We ended up having a semi-last minute group of friends over for dinner. This caused a mad-rush trip to the grocery store on Saturday morning where we purchased the fixings for this:



You know you are jealous! You know it! I don't care how good your meal was yesterday, mine totally looks better! Huh? Hee hee! Just kidding!

We did have a great time, though. And the food was YUM! And the company was fun. And the easter bunny did manage to make a brief appearance (read: lazy mom dumped candy on the table and said - THE EASTER BUNNY CAME. Yeah - that's how much I wanted to do Easter this year!). We are planning on making pizza tonight with the left over ham and then watching an Easter video as a family, which didn't happen yesterday because - hello - NCAA Championships, people! On freakin' EASTER! Another reason I am so, so, so glad Easter is on April 12th next year (yes, I already checked). And we also opted to watch Hoot as a family because it's 1 1/2 hours long vs a 1/2 hour. So we'll have time tonight to watch the Easter video where we would not have had time to watch Hoot tonight. Cuz SCHOOL IS BACK, BABY!

*cough* No, I'm not excited.

Oh - on Saturday we also decorated the COOLEST Easter Eggs EVER. Check it out:





Star Wars, baby! Did you see the cool R2D2 one? Yeah, that was mine. Soren did Darth Vader (as you can see) and Alan did Yoda. We decorated 12 total and then made deviled eggs out of them. Awesome! So much fun!

So now it's time to take the Easter Decorations down. Come on - as if! I just put them up on Tuesday! They are so staying until mid-April.

Ok, I should get some work done. It's noon and I don't think I've done anything productive except blog. Is that considered productive?

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Happy Easter! You're cute. Your eggs do look great. We had some decorating fun too.
Thanks for the cheery-ness.

Tiffini said...

Where did you find the star wars eggs? I sooo need those.

Leah said...

Looks like fun!! Spencer has that same shirt that Soren was wearing, he got comments all the time, esp when he would fall or run into things which a three year old does often :)

Happy Wanderers said...

Oh, for the days when I could actually make a mad dash to a store of any kind and find a large ham actually sitting there...let alone seeing any meat that isn't covered in flies... Although, I have heard that if you're at an open meat market, you should choose the piece of meat with the most flies. That means that it is the freshest. If it doesn't even attract flies...well...why would you want it??? Gross, huh?? I miss Wegmans and Giant and Super H etc.,etc.,etc...