Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Love is what makes you smile when you're tired...

Somehow I am sucked dry of any and all energy! Admittedly, it's been a busy week so far (and it's only Tuesday!), so that could be why. However, I still managed to convince myself (with a bit of coaxing from a friend) to go to Enrichment Night at church tonight. Go me! I was able to get through that without falling asleep on my plate, so that was happy.

What has had me so busy? Saturday Soren had his last basketball game. The kiddos lost, but that wasn't an overwhelming surprise. They played hard and did a good job! And now basketball season ends, we get a few weeks off, and then soccer starts. I miss indoor soccer - both for myself and for Soren. We had such a fun time playing. Oh well - it's outdoor here and he enjoys it. I just don't like sitting out in the rain! Haha! Tomorrow is the end of the season basketball party, so that will be fun. I think Soren and Alan are both looking forward to a few weeks off.

Saturday was also dress rehearsal for my musical theatre show. It went ok. At this point, there's nothing else I can do. Haha!

Sunday was just like any other Sunday until halfway through church I started feeling ridiculously sick. I thought about trying to stick it out, but when you are supposed to spend 2 hours flailing around and putting on a cheerful face for kids, it's hard. So I gave up and came home. By the end of the night the nausea was gone, but a migraine had kicked in. FOR RUDE! Ha!

Monday was busy! And I dealt with the migraine all day on top of the busy. I worked all morning, had a dr. appointment in the afternoon, then had dress rehearsal for my On Stage class. That went terribly terrible. Like - I couldn't salvage anything positive to say. I felt bad leaving rehearsal that way, but it was just so bad. I don't know if they are ready for the performance, but maybe the horribleness of it all scared them enough to go home and MEMORIZE their lines. Blah.

In the midst of all of this, Soren had a scout field trip to the THE DUMP. He had so much fun it was almost criminal. It's the dump, for goodness sake! But, he's a boy. And boys like garbage. Trust me, there's an entire room full of nonsense in this house that I keep making him go through and asking him over and over WHY he needs to keep. Needless to say, the dump was great for him.

Today was another busy day. Surprise! I worked all morning on this ridiculously frustrating problem with a website that has a history of giving me headaches. Luckily, I woke up headache free and I was able to stave off another one even while working on the site. Finally, after hours of troubleshooting, I fixed the problem (and was so proud! ha!) just in time to get in the shower and get ready for work where we had an all-call rehearsal. The performance is on Saturday. I am excited for it to be over. Spring break just can't come soon enough. Can I just say that 14 kids between the ages of 5 and 7 is a lot to handle alone?

After rehearsal I taught a voice lesson and then headed home where I briefly hugged and kissed my boys, watched a little Ninja Warrior, and then headed off to the church for Enrichment Night. It was a good time! Since I'm with the little kids all. the. time. during church I don't get a ton of adult interaction. So, this was nice.

Now I am home. Alan is at a meeting. And I am ready to fall into bed. It feels like it should be Friday, but alas - it's only Tuesday. Tomorrow is another full day - very full, in fact. And it starts bright and early! Good times.

Peace out, yo!

*giggles*

No comments: