Monday, June 16, 2008

Another Bump In the Road

You would think I would learn.

But alas, I don't!

Yesterday we got pulled over (in the church parking lot, no less! Ha!) because or safety/emissions was expired on our vehicle. I was supposed to take it in back in January. I kept putting it off, and putting it off. I honestly had every intention of taking it in this week, since it's my week off and what not. Too late, though. We got a fun fine we get to pay on top of the cost of the inspection - which I did this morning at 8am. At least we are legal now and I don't have to kick myself every time I'm anywhere near a cop for not getting it done. No, instead I spent almost all of church yesterday berating myself for not getting it done sooner! Oh well - you live, you learn - right?

I'd believe that, except that the EXACT same thing happened last year. Haha! Maybe next year I'll have learned my lesson?

In other exciting news, I finally found a really good deal on a rental car and am booked for a full size vehicle to get us around Nevada, Utah, and Arizona on our little trip that is fast approaching. So now the only thing left is to actually get there, I suppose. I'm sure the next 3 weeks will zip by, though, and before I know it I'll be getting us all packed and ready to go. I'd say we, but it's not as if I'll get much help from the boys! That's fine, though. Boys are generally sloppy packers, so I'm ok with it. I say this now, but once I'm in the middle of summer camp, I might change my tune!

Speaking of things I'm finally getting done, I finally went through a large pile of maternity clothes I have acquired and tried them all on. Soren and his parade of stuffed animals gave their approval to most of the shirts this morning and I now have a stack of neatly folded clothes on my rocking chair. There were only 4 things I decided would not work for me. I'm going to put them up on Craigslist and see if I can't score a couple bucks off of them. That'd be nice, since 3 of the 4 things I got for free.

School is officially out, so Soren is enjoying the beginnings of his summer vacation. Saturday he invited a friend over to go to the pool and we spent a majority of our afternoon there, including packing up a little picnic lunch to take with us. It was fun, but I came home a little sunburned. It's hard to depend on a 9 year old to get some of the spots on your back/neck. Oh well! Today we are tidying up the house. We have the top floor pretty much complete. Now it's just the main floor that we have to deal with. It's not too bad, but definitely needs a once over with the vacuum and a duster. It will be nice when it's done! We can spend the rest of the week relaxing, swimming, visiting the library, and hanging out - just me and my boy!

Luckily, once we're are sick of each other, we'll both get a break. Soren has scout camp next week and I start my summer camp. We'll be busy enough to miss each other that we might be able to put up with each other during our vacation! Hee hee!

Well, that's it for today. I'm off to finish cleaning and get some lunch!

1 comment:

Nancy Sabina said...

Busted! I hate those once yearly things. Just when you get them done it's time to do them again. Mine was expired for three months this year before I renewed. I consider that a success.

Ok - so I'm just gonna say it...Can we come to the pool sometime? Sometime when you're able and willing to help me cuz three little kids is too many in a big pool? I know the kids would really love it, plus I'd love to hang with you and get to see Soren. I know - I'm a mooch. Sorry. Can't help it. Admit it - you love me anyway.