Thursday, June 19, 2008

Why are people so stupid?

I was driving on the road today, like ya do, and this car was totally tailgating me as I was getting on the freeway. This is fairly average Virginia driver behavior, so I ignored him and sped up to get on the freeway. Well, he decided I was going too slow, so he pulls out into a lane that is about to end and passes me on the right. I thought he was an idiot, so I sped up, but my 4 cylinder engine was no match and I gave up and rolled my eyes. Only then he gets in front of me and slams on his brakes (I have 2 witnesses of this, by the way). So I honked at him for being an idiot. Then he taps his brakes again and I honked at him again because it was just not called for. I, once again, roll my eyes at the stupid, get over one lane (because I don't like driving in the far right lane, I prefer one of the 2 middle lanes), and just drive. I noticed he is still ahead of me a bit, but I don't care. I'm not attempting to pass him, I'm just attempting to drive.

We keep chugging along the freeway and my exit is starting to come up so I'm getting ready to move over to the right eventually but before I do this, he slows down. At this point he is in the far right lane that now has a big red X above it because it's closed until morning rush hour. He eventually lets me pass and gets behind me. I find this odd, so I look in the rear view mirror and he has his camera phone out and is taking a picture of my license plate and/or vehicle as he's driving. Smart AND safe. Idiot again. THEN he pulls out to my left, speeds up, and takes a picture of ME! Seriously??? Again, not a safe move because he's supposed to be DRIVING HIS CAR, not having a photo op with me. I mean, I know I'm gorgeous, but seriously!

So I'm sitting there thinking - what in the world is he doing? And why? Does he have a blog? Does he run a "drivers that are annoying" website? Or is he going to call the cops and whine because someone honked at him and he has the license plate and picture to prove it?!?! He was in the wrong about ten times over, so I don't get what his problem was, but whatever. I had to laugh about it because no matter what he's doing, he's an idiot.

I did actually find a site called PlateWire where people post stuff about bad/good drivers. I'm going to keep an eye on it to see if that guy posts about me so I can respond and be like - uh, you're the stupid driver.

Blogger is about to have an outage, so I will have to complain more later. Haha!

3 comments:

Tiffini said...

Didn't you know that if someone honks at you, and you take their picture, the police will pull them over a couple of days before and write them up for expired tags? You should have seen this coming. (Seriously though, some people should really get a life).

Anonymous said...

I loved your story, not at your expense though, but with the wink-wink... ya people are really stupid. Plus you are a great story teller.

Here is the real topped on the cake. Our kids will be out there with car keys in hand faster than you can say insurance hike.

Nancy Sabina said...

Ugh. I hate dump people. That is totally crazy. I just have to think that people like that are choosing to lead a miserable existence. Why get all worked up? You're only ruining your own day. Sure, you can be annoyed about someone's driving - but then just move on. Sheesh.