Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Busy, busy, bumblebee!

How is it already Wednesday? Not only that, but how is Wednesday almost over? I do not understand!

So, Soren is almost done with his week of Cub Scout Day Camp. I'm 1/3 of my way through my summer camp. Next week we leave on our vacation. I knew it would come quickly, but seriously! It's like lightening speed!

Alan is off this week and digging around for jobs in the Portland area. We thought we had a bite, but it didn't turn out like we had hoped. So we are also looking for housing out closer to the campus of George Washington University where he spends a majority of his time. There are a few prospects there, but we won't solidify anything until the end of July/beginning of August. Our hopes are really to find something back in Portland. We'll see what happens.

I come home each day from camp exhausted. Luckily, the kids are great (for the most part - 5 & 6 year olds just naturally come with their drawbacks haha). I may have been a bit too ambitious with the parts I gave to the younger crowd, but I'm hoping they can pull it together. If not, we'll just make it work. They really only have 8 days to pull this together, so I think the parents will be very forgiving.

I still need to finish some choreography for the songs. It's stinks, though, because by the time I get home I'm just spent, so I have no desire to sit and choreograph. But the kids learn better if they have actions to go with the songs. And luckily all the songs are group songs, so that makes things even better. More voices!

Six. More. Days. Only 6. And then I will have ONE job (like a normal person! haha!) and time to spend with my boys. In between packing up the house, selling odds and ends, and getting ready to move. I'd start packing now, but I'm too tired by the time I'm off work! 27 kids will do that to you!

"Little Bean" is doing well. I think I've started to feel little flutterings here and there. Last night I was laying in bed unable to sleep at 2:30am. I rolled on my back and I could tell that Bean had moved, though I didn't actually feel the movement. It's pretty cool. I don't remember anything really with Soren, probably because I was too busy to pay attention. But I'm trying really hard to capture every moment with this one because I do not know if it will happen again. I have GOT to remember to schedule my ultrasound!!! I'm such a space case. Maybe I'll remember tomorrow.

Well, it's about time for me to lay on the couch and crash for an hour or two. It is Girl's Night tonight, after all, so I've got to try and have a bit of energy!

3 comments:

Tiffini said...

I am anxious for your ultrasound!! I already have something for little bean :) Now, I just have to remember to bring it to the reunion or I will have to mail it!

Kellie Griffin said...

So I see you are going to be hitting Arizona on your trip, is this correct?? Are you visiting with staci? It would be nice to see you!

Anonymous said...

Just remember to take care of you, as little bean is highly dependent on that - goofy girl! I will hold off on mailing the carseats and some other items until I have a good location to do that. Hate to have you packing anything more than necessary. Hugs and loves you lots!!!