Friday, July 18, 2008

Arizona + Nevada - The Final Stretch

My time in the Phoenix area with my sister was quite relaxing! We did a bit of shopping (still no maternity swimsuit to be found! ugh!) and I was able to find 3 pair of maternity capris to get me through the end of the summer. I also bought a shirt even though I didn't really need it. We took the kids to a rec center where they rock climbed for an hour or two (Soren loved it and did really well!). We also took the kids to a local pool for most of the day on Tuesday. They all slept really well that night! On Wednesday morning it was laundry and packing time and thus ended the Phoenix portion of the trip.

Alan's interviews went well. There is one job that is working on an offer for him for sure and one more possibility. We'll see what the offer is and go from there. He had a great time being back in Vancouver, though, and I am jealous that he got to go! Hee hee!

On Wednesday afternoon we headed out of Phoenix towards Las Vegas. It was a long drive, what with all the potty breaks and food emergencies. I have noticed I am hungry a LOT more than usual lately, so I have to eat way more frequently. This is especially frustrating as I seem to have returned to the "everything looks disgusting" stage. So the drive was long and we pulled into our hotel around midnight. And there was a HUGE line at the check in desk! I could not believe it and then I remembered we were in Vegas and people don't sleep here so much as gamble all night. Haha! We finally got settled and into bed (after getting lost in the hotel a few times haha) about 12:30am. We all crashed hard and didn't get going until around 10am the next morning.

Thursday we took it easy and relaxed. Really. There was nothing we wanted to go out and do in 100+ degree temperatures, so we didn't. It was fabulous.

The only drawback to this entire trip is that I am coming home with something nasty. Something I almost always come home with after visiting a dry climate. Bronchitis. I'm almost certain that's what it is because I've had it so many times, but hopefully I'm wrong. Either way, I'm so sick and anyone who has flown on an airplane while being sick knows how much fun that is! Ick! So I will take my big, comfy pillow, a box of tissues, and lots of water and sucky candies on board with me today and hope to fall asleep and ignore the flight home.

Oh, home! How I have missed you!

Two weeks is such a long time to be away. I am looking forward to going home but already missing all the family we've been able to see. However, I am so ready to NOT be living out of a suitcase!

With that (and a ginormous sneeze that just about tossed me out of my chair!), I am off to return our rental car and head to the airport.

Back to the East Coast we go!

4 comments:

Tiffini said...

OK--who brought that something nasty to the reunion??? I am congested, coughing, can't sleep, and am tired of it. I don't think it has developed into bronchitis but I could see how it could. (I started taking Musinex and that has helped with the chest congestion). Good luck and keep us posted on the job stuff!!!

Tiffini said...

Of course--can you take much of anything being pregnant?? probably not. BLAH for you!!

Missy said...

Have a safe trip! Definitely want to hear more about those offers on the west coast. We like you on this side!

K'Lyn said...

HOT! That was the first thing that came to mind when I thought of Phoenix. I bet it was so fun to be with Staci and her family. I thought you lived in the west?! I guess assumptions aren't truth right. Humph. I learn something new everyday glad I can go to bed now - Thanks :) Love ya.