Friday, October 24, 2008

Death By Scratching

Is it possible to die from itching?

I ask this because I am wondering if it would be better for me to just chop off my arms and legs in order to avoid death or if I will make it until my 10:30am doctor's appointment. Because as of right now (at the lovely hour of 2:20am), I can not sleep due to intense, annoying, frustrating, and most of all irritating itching.

The advice of my son? "Stop itching, mom." And then he handed me anti-itch cream. The advice of my neighbor? She is so sweet and gave me some Vitamin E oil. The advice of my husband? "Stop itching." After which he grabs my hands. However, he can't hold my hands all night long because he does this thing called sleeping. I'm not exactly sure what that is right now, as I haven't experienced much of it in the past few weeks, but he manages it very well. I'm almost jealous. Oh, ok - I AM jealous. I was also very displeased tonight when I realized he was starting to edge over to my side of the bed with his feet again. He used to sleep diagonal until I invaded the bed with the Pillow Mountain. Now I think he is trying to go back to it again! I didn't have the strength, energy, or desire to kick him hard enough to make him move because I was too busy itching.

So, I gave up on sleeping altogether after crying, whining, and almost screaming. I am very grateful to be seeing a doctor today, but less grateful for my internet search abilities and the information that is floating around the web. It has me very paranoid about why the itching is happening. Not for myself, but for Little Bean. Who is not so little anymore.

In other news, my baby was stung by a wasp yesterday! We were outside taking some photos for a photo project he is working on for school and he screamed. Soren doesn't scream. Then he started crying. Soren rarely cries. I went over to see if he was ok and he had an ouchie on his finger! I'd seen some bugs flying around, but didn't realize they were wasps!!!! Ugh! So I brought him inside to take care of it and he screamed again! A sneaky wasp had gotten inside his hoodie AND tshirt and stung him again!!! So he was quite upset. And I was upset for him. Luckily it is healing fine, he's not allergic, and that wasp that snuck inside? He is SO dead. Kudos to Alan for catching and killing that evil critter!

Ok, I am going to go find a few distractions to keep me from itching myself to death and/or chopping off limbs. Goodnight and I hope everyone else in the world sleeps better than I have/will/etc tonight!

4 comments:

Nancy Sabina said...

Poor girl. I hope it's nothing big. Hopefully it's just your teeny little skin stretched over an extra mile of tummy. Keep us updated. I'll be thinking about you!

Tiffini said...

I always scratch my belly until it bleeds...yes bleeds...when I am pregnant. It drives Tim crazy but I can't help it. I have found that the Olay body wash with radiance ribbons really helps. Moving here caused the itching to start again without being pregnant and the body wash has kept me happily scratch free. Good Luck!

Missy said...

Drats on the itching! I hope it is nothing serious. Keep us posted and good luck today!

Rachel said...

I hope your appointment went well. Make sure to blog again with what's going on. I'm so sorry you itched all night! I hope it has stopped by now!