Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Here's the latest!

So, I'm still in the hospital.

Once again, I am hoping for release soon.

Why am I still here? Hehe . . .

Well - the good news is that I am off the iv (though I've still got all the junk shoved into my veins in case they have to put me back on) and I am no longer being monitored. The nurses are still going to monitor Princess once every 12 hours, though. I had an ultrasound today and everything looked great. We got to see our little angel and she did everything she was supposed to. We were even able to see her hair! How cute! We got a great shot of her profile and watched her yawn and stretch. Awwww - she is so cute! No pictures this time, but it was fun to see her wiggle, squirm, and just know she is ok.

That leaves me. The antibiotics for the bladder infection have kicked in, so that's good news. However, the doctor wants 24 hours of urine. Who wants that? I mean - eww! What a yucky present! Haha! Anyway, once they have that (by mid-morning tomorrow) they will be testing all that lovely pee for proteins. If the protein levels have leveled out, then we will know they were caused by the bladder infection and not the Pregnancy Induced Hypertension. If the protein levels have not resolved, then ... well we don't want to think about that.

As it is, the doctor wants to induce early. He'd like to see me get to 38 weeks. We all agree 40 weeks isn't going to happen.

Overall, things are looking up. I'm feeling good, I have a new bed (woohoo!), and am hoping and praying to be home by this time tomorrow. I miss my TiVo. Haha! But seriously, I want to be home, in my bed, able to be with my family - even if I have to spend most of my time in bed. At least I'll be at home.

I will update again once we know more! Thank you again for your love and support! It's time for me to order another round of food and get ready for bed. Which involves turning off the light and rolling over . . . hee hee

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that rankles. But hopefully it is "just" a bladder infection. Though incredibly annoying it is minor in the grand scope of things. And hurray that little Princess is okay. I had no doubts that you both would be fine, but it is always a blessing to hear it from trained pros.

Now I must say I am one very envious friend as I want to be there holding you and your baby! I love new babies (older ones too :-) but there is just something about the newbies).

Hang in there until at least the 1st (wink-wink).

Love you! Thanks for posting.

Nancy Sabina said...

I've been thinking about you. I even checked my Reader before I checked my email! That's something!

I'm glad you're doing OK with holding things off for now. It sounds like you'd better just get to the point where you're thankful for every minute that you're not having a baby. And be totally ready for it the second you are having a baby. ...that's my two cents. Love ya.

Jen said...

I hope you don't have to stay there too long. But I mostly want you (and Princess) to be healthy. I wish I was there to come visit you. Doug told me that a Portland position came open, but he's not considering it. Why does he even tell me these things?! Looks like I'll have to save my $$ to come out there somehow. Miss you. Take care of yourself.

Rachel said...

Wow you've been through a lot in the past couple of days! I'm glad you got a comfier bed! Those triage/l&d beds are terrible!! Hang in there! I hope you get to go home soon. Thanks for the updates and I'm so glad to know you are doing well and so is the little princess. :)