Friday, October 17, 2008

Tag - You're it!

I was TAGGED by my sweet sister-in-law.... and while I usually ignore tags, I can't ignore my sister-in-law - especially now that we live so close to each other! Love it!

I was also TAGGED by my sweet friend Emily, and since she's all the way in Africa, I thought I'd humor her, too.

Tag #1 = Quirks

1. I hate toys that make noise. I am a mean, horrible, boring mother that won't put batteries in a toy if it means I have to sit and listen to it be obnoxious all day long. For this reason I am grateful that Soren is old enough to generally not have loud, annoying toys. And anything that makes noise at this point in his life can have headphones added so I don't have to listen to it. Of course this is all about to change . . . and then this quirk will come back to the forefront of my life.

2. Feet, unless they are baby feet, disgust me beyond belief. I do not want to touch anyone's feet - and only rarely my own. No one is allowed to touch my feet or they will get kicked (sometimes really hard) and I will scream a lot. I do not know where this aversion came from or when it happened, but I just hate them there feet.

3. I have a very hard time sleeping when it is not night time and when I'm not in my bed. For this reason, I do not generally nap. I will lay down and rest, but actual sleeping in the daylight hours is extremely hard for me to do. Which is probably why I am exhausted every night right now. Again, I see this changing for me soon . . .

4. When I find a new CD I like I must listen to it until I have every song memorized. Then and only then will I take it out of the CD player and listen to something else. If I do not take the time to do this with a new CD, I will generally not listen to it much, if at all, in the future. Along those same lines, if I am working on something while I listen to a CD and have to stop working on it, in order to begin work again, I must put the same CD in if I'm going to get anything done. Because of this, almost every website I've designed has it's own 'soundtrack.'

5. I love to organize things. LOVE it. Be it my own stuff or not, I could sit and organize and actually have fun doing it. My movies are all in alphabetical order. My books are as well, separated by genre. My CDs, too. I love to organize cupboards and closets. I love to PURGE things from said cupboards and closets. I love to give everything a place. And once it has a home, I am obsessive about making sure it stays that way. Eventually, though, it all falls to pieces (especially when I'm working a lot) and then I get to organize it all again! Since moving in with my parents I have organized the pantry, a few kitchen cupboards, a portion of the garage, and helped with some drawers/cabinets. There is still plenty to be done. . . . now if I could only find the energy!

6. If I start a book, 99% of the time, I have to finish it or I will go crazy. Even if I don't really like it - I have read it to the end. There have been very few occassions that I have put a book down and not picked it back up - sometimes even years later - to try and finish it. I can count on one hand the amount of books I have put down and have no intention of picking up at a later date.

Tag #2 = One Word

Here are the rules: I have to answer the following questions with one word answers and one word only! Then I must pass it on to seven others.The questions are as follows:

1. Where is your cell phone? Nightstand
2. Where is your significant other? Work
3. Your hair color? Brown-ish
4. Your mother? Loving
5. Your father? Silly
6. Your favorite thing? Family
7. Your dream last night? Baby
8. Your dream/goal? Theatre
9. The room you're in? Bedroom
10. Your hobby? Computer
11. Your fear? Heights
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Home
13. Where were you last night? Bed
14. What you're not? Regretful
15. One of your wish-list items? House
16. Where you grew up? Washington
17. The last thing you did? Eat
18. What are you wearing? Pajamas
19. Your TV? TLC
20. Your pet? Nada
21. Your computer? Lovely
22. Your mood? Sleepy
23. Missing someone? Jen
24. Your car? Mazda
25. Something you're not wearing? Shoes
26. Favorite store? Wegmans
27. Your summer? Insane
28. Love someone? Alan
29. Your favorite color? Purple
30. When is the last time you laughed? Yesterday
31. Last time you cried? Today

Now, I am not a tagger. So, if you would like to do this - feel free! Or just enjoy learning some quirkiness about yours truly.

It's been a long week........ and it ain't over yet. I'm ready for some relaxing, but that won't be happening anytime soon.

No comments: